Please Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 264 51.7%
  • Good

Votes: 150 29.4%
  • Fair

Votes: 38 7.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 39 7.6%

• Total voters

Po3na

Customer service is awesome, speeds are great, can't complain about Afrihost

craigcul

All is well until there is a problem,then I would like to speak to a person but this is almost imposable as they would like you to rather send an email or WhatsApp no real people available.

amabacha

Good service especially via WhatsApp and the app continues to get better. Competitions should not just be applicable to new customers but also to existing customers

1nutty1

No real issues with them, line speed is consistent and the issues I have had have been dealt with relatively expediently by the call center.
Their app could have a bit more historical data but it is an improvement over the last iteration.

evilskaap

Expert Member
I like that fibre speed changes going up are almost instant. I dont like that you cant do any account changes in their 'billing run'

Lauren Hall

Whenever I have had line speed issues, I have reset my router and everything back to normal. I often do speed tests and my line is always good. I have only ever had to call the support desk once to get the line re-provisioned when the router reset didn't work. Luckily I have an IT background and was able to participate in the resolution. Someone with no IT knowledge would have struggled. Pricing can always improve but overall I'd rate Afrihost excellent and have recommended them.

wrinklyo

Have always had good response whenever there's a problem, even if it turns out to be my fault. Good experience all round. Thanks guys

Sparo

from day 1 the best provider ever, speed slow from time to time, could be more stable.

ixian

I've been using Afrihost as my ISP for a few years now and I'm very happy with their service and support.

Panthis

Must admit, the only downside to Afrihost is their pricing models for shaping/throttling.
I have had a great experience with them, but I'm jumping to Cool Ideas at the end of the month purely because I can get double the line speed, uncapped, unshaped for the same money.

I had one of their sales guys call me the other day to try and convince me to stay with them. Apart from him not knowing that I'm on their priority package to start off with, the moment I told him I was on priority already he basically changed his tune from "Ok lets see if we can get you a better deal!" to "Oh ok, sorry, but there is nothing I can do." That, from a sales perspective, felt pretty shitty. But either way, great ISP overall in terms of service and support, just their pricing vs throttling/shaping models need to be revised IMO.

Alocyte

Better assistance in breaking down bandwidth spend - reporting Top 10 data per IP per month, per MAC address.
I assume my TV would be #1 for Netflix but it would not surprise me to learn that the PC doubles it due to Windows Updates...
Also if a router breach occurs (iethe neighbour hacks the wifi) - the bandwidth usage spikes - I'd like to know.

We don't know what we don't know.
Eg. I don't know if this is possible but I don't see why not.

Liquid_1

Afrihost
I rarely have any issues but when there is an issue it is only the weekends or after hours that that it can be slow but with the WhatApp method it can be resolved.

mrberland

Afrihost have become progressively worse in delivering customer service. Been with them since the beginning, but utterly disappointed in service and support channels in recent 12 months.