Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Apex Launcher installed, Im very happy with it. I have now installed a Icon Pack which is superb. Problem is that it changes your default wallpaper on the home screen, but not the lockscreen. Now I would like to change the lockscreen one to the same as the new homescreen, but do you think I can find the option/folder where that new file is saved??? :confused:

Tried a bit of google and that didnt really help... :(

Any ideas?
 
I have Apex Launcher installed, Im very happy with it. I have now installed a Icon Pack which is superb. Problem is that it changes your default wallpaper on the home screen, but not the lockscreen. Now I would like to change the lockscreen one to the same as the new homescreen, but do you think I can find the option/folder where that new file is saved??? :confused:

Tried a bit of google and that didnt really help... :(

Any ideas?

Not the greatest idea, but maybe this will help:

Clear all widgets off of the screen, hide the drawer, and take a screenshot of the wallpaper and apply that as your lockscreen wallpaper?
 
So I got bored.

I've installed Xperia Home Launcher (thx, XDA), and something called http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072870]GYF Launcher (Google Play is your friend). Xperia Home runs very low on memory, and still looks good. I have disabled the dock and have a very minimalist homescreen (1 screen).

Screenshot_2013-02-05-16-40-03.png

GYF is the trick here. It is a gesture-based launcher (see the grey line on the side? - it's because I'm a learner :D) that swings in from the side, showing a sweet list (with favourites) of your apps. The bonus is it can do this from anywhere - not just the home screen.

Screenshot_2013-02-05-16-40-53.png

I might stick with this for a bit, see how it grows on me. There is a pro version of GYF with theme support too.
 
I've installed the Omega rom, but now Odin nor Kies detects the phone. Before I flashed it, it used to be picked up by explorer. It was visible in My Computer as a media device and I could browse files on it.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.
 
Hi guys,
Over the years of flashing and switching phones my phones contacts have gone haywire, is there something I can do to edit these all with my PC and separate SIM from Phone contacts? This is a real mess.
 
Hi guys,
Over the years of flashing and switching phones my phones contacts have gone haywire, is there something I can do to edit these all with my PC and separate SIM from Phone contacts? This is a real mess.

You are not the only one! I would think it a good idea to start a new thread for this. Include phones and operating systems.
 
Hi guys,
Over the years of flashing and switching phones my phones contacts have gone haywire, is there something I can do to edit these all with my PC and separate SIM from Phone contacts? This is a real mess.

It's so easy.

Add all your contacts to Google, delete all the contacts on sim and phone, and then you never ever have to do it again.

As soon as you login with your Google account, all your contacts magically appears.
 
ANyone ever had their phone stick on the 1st boot samsung screen? Tried reinstalling the ROM, clearing caches and fixing permitions, nothing works... I dont want to start from scratch tonight, again :-( I didnt even do anything, the phone just died and started the freeze thing...
 
ANyone ever had their phone stick on the 1st boot samsung screen? Tried reinstalling the ROM, clearing caches and fixing permitions, nothing works... I dont want to start from scratch tonight, again :-( I didnt even do anything, the phone just died and started the freeze thing...

Did you change the kernel by any chance?
 
ANyone ever had their phone stick on the 1st boot samsung screen? Tried reinstalling the ROM, clearing caches and fixing permitions, nothing works... I dont want to start from scratch tonight, again :-( I didnt even do anything, the phone just died and started the freeze thing...

That happened to me one week after i installed the official JB rom, which rom are u on?
 
It's so easy.

Add all your contacts to Google, delete all the contacts on sim and phone, and then you never ever have to do it again.

As soon as you login with your Google account, all your contacts magically appears.

Or download MyPhoneExplorer, and sync all contacts under one list.

But I think the main thing- don't seperate your phone and SIM contacts. It does become a mess. Just curious as to why people would do that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X