Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your setup.

I use swipepad as a gesture based app launcher of sorts (it does not replace your current launcher). You can setup from which edge you want to swipe in, and you setup multiple swipad pages, ie a different one for a different edge.

This allows me to have a very clean homescreen.

This is really nice. Love the idea of GYF Launcher. I use something similar by overlaying Unity Launcher with Apex....

Strangely enough, I got tired of that setup rather quickly. :D
 
The best (and last) official Gingerbread ROM was an Italian one....so this might bode well. :)
 
Hopefully they release the kernel source so some proper development can start.
 
Phone fixed at last!

Mine is also finally sorted. Had a hairline crack that appeared one day when I was just using it normally, after only 2 1/2 weeks use. I was very bleak. Case on the bottom of the phone was slightly misalligned, turns out it probably hadn't been clicked in properly during assembly, and the crack started right above where there was a small gap between the front and back parts of the case. I checked up, and apparently these hairline cracks occasionally happen with Gorilla glass, since it is less flexible than normal glass. It must have just flexed enough with usage (plus I have the offical charger and cradle that puts pressure on the bottom of the screen when holding it) to start a tiny crack that then ran across the length of the screen.

They wanted to charge me for a whole new lcd and digitiser, but then a miracle happened. I actually got someone understanding at the MTN repair centre who, only seeing my fixed phone, was prepared to just listen to what I said and accept it, even though I couldn't back it up, since I stupidly hadn't taken pictures before sending it off. Unfortunately I didn't really catch his name, due to using my horrid old Samsung Star as backup phone, it was AB or Albie, something like that. A rare gem in the coal mine that is MTN.
 
Guys sorry but I'm a bit lazy to read through everything I've missed over the last 6 or 7 weeks. Just got my phone back today from Cell C, 6 weeks, those damn ********. Anyway what roms and kernels is everyone running now? What's the latest and greatest, stability is primary concern though!

Cheers nick
 
Guys sorry but I'm a bit lazy to read through everything I've missed over the last 6 or 7 weeks. Just got my phone back today from Cell C, 6 weeks, those damn ********. Anyway what roms and kernels is everyone running now? What's the latest and greatest, stability is primary concern though!

Cheers nick

I'm too lazy to answer you. :p
 
So what would those in the know try first ... linguine, hake or paella?

They came out at the same time and are all LSD so if there are differences, it will be CSC related. Get one that also supports Open Europe (if anyone if them supports it)

EDIT: I see they all support the same countries. If it was me, I would go for the Spain one.
 
Last edited:
I'm too lazy to answer you. :p

Have we gone all XDA on this forum, lol. Anyway done some reading, it seems like Omega ROM is fairly popular at the moment. So I'm going for that. Couldn't find much info on kernels, so just gonna go stock. Can somebody at least tell me if Omega 19.2 is stable?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X