Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Autopage Tygervally has been keeping an s2 for me for the past 4 days but I cant fetch the phone untill they get the new contract prices in. I was told this would happen on the 6th. So close yet so far. Me thinks there is something fishy going on.
 
The SGS2 for R280 a month on CellC's activechat 100 still is the best deal in SA.

Just will feel a bit weird to say bye to Vodacom after all these years. *sniff*
 
anyone received their SGP cases yet? If you guys got a free unwanted "Steinheil Crystal" Screen Protector with your case, I can purchase it from you... let me know.

I dont think mine is ever going to reach SA, ordered from gutkorea on ebay over a month ago and still nothing :(
 
I just picked mine up from MTN Morningside on a R479 per month contract. I'm so stoked, I love this phone!

PS - At first they told me they had no stock and that nothing had arrived yet, I'd have to come back on Monday. Then I got them to tell me they do have stock but they said they were not authorized to release any yet! Anyway, I managed to get my way :D
 
Are you going to install a Custom ROM if so which one? I'm contemplating rooting my phone and installing the Villain Custom ROM but voiding the warranty is my biggest concern. You can flash the original ROM without a problem but resetting the custom ROM gauge (This tells you how many times the phone has been flashed or w/e) is another matter.

I'm considering to buy or make a USB jig so that I don't have to worry about the ROM counter.
 
Hmmm, that worries me a bit. I ordered my case from gutkorea as well.
I ordered my USB jig the other night, it cost around R 55 with shipping. (also from ebay)

anyone received their SGP cases yet? If you guys got a free unwanted "Steinheil Crystal" Screen Protector with your case, I can purchase it from you... let me know.

I dont think mine is ever going to reach SA, ordered from gutkorea on ebay over a month ago and still nothing :(



Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Last edited:
That is not bad at all. Which seller did you use? I didnt have time to look for one that will ship to us.


Sent from my Galaxy S II
 
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've ordered my accessories from exportprive.com.

1 SDKMSDHC32 SanDisk Micro SDHC Class 2 – 32GB (TransFlash) 85.03$ 85.03$
1 SSGMHLADGS2 Samsung MHL Adaptor to HDMI Output for Galaxy S II i9100 33.12$ 33.12$
1 SGPNHGS2RD SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case / Bumper for Galaxy S II i9100 [Dante Red] 24.61$ 24.61$

I dunno how I managed this, but, my shipping came out to $0.
YES, THATS ZERO AMERICAN DOLLAZ :)

I've heard people from other forums say they dont like the original samsung mesh cover: it doesnt cover the top & bottom of the SGSii..., IF the sgsii drops, it just "pops" out of the mesh cover.... etc etc etc
Which is why I never went with it.

I still don't have my SGSii, MTN says I'll get it delivered this coming week or next week, since I'm only eligable for an upgrade the week of the 25 July 11...
Hope fully the accessories come in that duration :)

This usb jig thingamajig, surely there's no reason to purchase that?
Surely the sgsii will be rootable via the key combinations? I dunno much about android, since I'm upgrading from my Nokia N97....

Cheers
D
 
I like that SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case / Bumper for Galaxy S II i9100 [Dante Red] looks good.
 
I like that SGP Neo Hybrid Silicone Case / Bumper for Galaxy S II i9100 [Dante Red] looks good.


Yeh, and it comes with a screen protector, dunno how good the protector is, but if it doesnt feel right, will try and find a zagg, which is what I have on my N97, works quite well...
 
i don't have that phone yet but will just buy it so i can get it ready by the time i buy the phone.
 
This usb jig thingamajig, surely there's no reason to purchase that?
Surely the sgsii will be rootable via the key combinations? I dunno much about android, since I'm upgrading from my Nokia N97....

Cheers
D

If you curently want to reset your rom counter you will need one of these. I'm definitely going to get one. The phone might just need to be sent in for repairs some time or another.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X