Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering, mtn and virgin mobile in brooklyn mall has stock
Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
I picked up mine at MTN Brooklyn yesterday. Both MTN stores at Brooklyn mall has stock. Also check MTN Hatfield Plaza, they also have some.

Uploaded mine with Mail for Exchange, see the link posted by CodeMaster
After struggling, I realised that all you do you just select all your contacts (N8) and send via Btooth to the SGS2. Easy pizzy.... Now I really need to import my Calendar (and sms' if possible).
 
I'm going to flash 2.3.4 tomorrow and try to get the Drive and Walk software (time permitting) on there with TiBackup and report back if I was successful or not.
 
After struggling, I realised that all you do you just select all your contacts (N8) and send via Btooth to the SGS2. Easy pizzy.... Now I really need to import my Calendar (and sms' if possible).

I mentioned earlier I was trying the SPB Migration Tool ( http://migratetoandroid.com/ ) and my sms' & mms' are all in my SGS2, give that a try...
 
Did anyone receive their sgp neo hybrid cases as yet. I ordered mine about 1 and a half weeks ago. Should should hopefully get within the coming working week. I ordered the black sgp neo hybrid case.

For those of you who have your cases, could you let me know your thoughts about it. I would also like to know about the quality of the screen protector which comes with it.

I have put off from using my phone as yet. I only use it at home for now till i get my case... So it hasnt even left my room as yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I also want one of those plus a car charger. Where can i get them?
Did anyone receive their sgp neo hybrid cases as yet. I ordered mine about 1 and a half weeks ago. Should should hopefully get within the coming working week. I ordered the black sgp neo hybrid case.

For those of you who have your cases, could you let me know your thoughts about it. I would also like to know about the quality of the screen protector which comes with it.

I have put off from using my phone as yet. I only use it at home for now till i get my case... So it hasnt even left my room as yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App



Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Most of us either ordered from ebay, or sgpstore.com. I'm going to buy the car charger locally.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
 
Still waiting for my accessories... :( Ordered last week- early early hours of last Sunday from Exportprive & jig (yes I just had to) from Ebay.

Guys, hows your battery on SGS2? Ok, yes, I have been playing with it big time, but mine only last but a day, or just over a day... Is that good or bad? Mind you, only got it Friday, hehe.

[Edit]
There is not so good weather conditions in China atm, thats why everyone's delivery is delayed, me thinks...
Atleast thats what it says on mine status... - Seoul Delay Due To Bad Weather. Recovery Action Underway

Cheers
D
 
Last edited:
Still waiting for my accessories... :( Ordered last week- early early hours of last Sunday from Exportprive & jig (yes I just had to) from Ebay.

Guys, hows your battery on SGS2? Ok, yes, I have been playing with it big time, but mine only last but a day, or just over a day... Is that good or bad? Mind you, only got it Friday, hehe.

[Edit]
There is not so good weather conditions in China atm, thats why everyone's delivery is delayed, me thinks...
Atleast thats what it says on mine status... - Seoul Delay Due To Bad Weather. Recovery Action Underway

Cheers
D

That Galaxy S2 is manufactured in South Korea, not China.

EDIT : My bad, the Galaxy S2 is produced in China as well. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That Galaxy S2 is manufactured in South Korea, not China.

EDIT : My bad, the Galaxy S2 is produced in China as well. ;)

He is speaking about delivery of our accessories.

Still waiting for my accessories... :( Ordered last week- early early hours of last Sunday from Exportprive & jig (yes I just had to) from Ebay.

Guys, hows your battery on SGS2? Ok, yes, I have been playing with it big time, but mine only last but a day, or just over a day... Is that good or bad? Mind you, only got it Friday, hehe.

[Edit]
There is not so good weather conditions in China atm, thats why everyone's delivery is delayed, me thinks...
Atleast thats what it says on mine status... - Seoul Delay Due To Bad Weather. Recovery Action Underway

Cheers
D

Mine lasts about a day and a half. It lasts a day with me playing with it a lot.
 
I got mine on Thursday from MTN. R350.00 airtime with 75 MB data for R479.00.

Great phone.
 
I'm going to flash 2.3.4 tomorrow and try to get the Drive and Walk software (time permitting) on there with TiBackup and report back if I was successful or not.

Alright guys, so I have an update. I managed to get Route66 (Drive and Walk) onto the leaked XXKG1 2.3.4 ROM and it works. :) I used Titanium Backup (which requires root) to do it. This is a summary of what I did with the phone today in chronological order:

- Flash CWM kernel for 2.3.3. Custom ROM counter went up with 1. (Didn't want to flash the CF root kernel because wanted my Nandroid backup to be without root so that it can be stock)
- Performed Nandroid backup to backup stock ROM.
- Flashed insecure kernel for KE7. (Only reason was because the CWM didn't want to root. I think I did it wrong because the insecure kernel did the same thing. Had to root it twice.)
- Rooted the phone.
- Used SMS Backup and restore to backup SMSs. Installed TiBackup from Market and backup up all my apps as well as Drive and Walk.
- Flashed the 2.3.4 ROM.
- Flashed the insecure kernel for XXKG1. (Custom ROM counter went up to 2)
- Rooted the phone again.
- Installed TiBackup and restored all my apps as well as Drive and Walk.
- Have a cup of tea and a croissant. :)
 
Me too! Everytime I flashed it my hurt stood still. LOL. I'm just glad that we can get Drive and Walk onto other ROMs. :)

Yeah, I did. Two days short of a week. I bought it from the same seller as you. Have you received yours yet?
 
As I said in an earlier post, I am not too phased about losing "Drive 'n Walk".
I find it to be clumsy, non-intuitive software. When I get a chance, I will look into getting a version of Google Nav to work with voice navigation.

Nope, checked the postbox today, and still no cover or jig :(

EDIT - How are you finding 2.3.4? Battery life better?
Anything you are not happy about with the ROM?
I am thinking of rather going straight to Cognition S2 v1.15.
 
Last edited:
Hi... I have my galaxy s2 for nearly 3 weeks and am really enjoying it. I just wanted to know something though....

I have been looking at the new galaxy 10.1 tab and it seems really nice. Do you guys thing that it would be worth getting one if i already own a galaxy s2? Would it make any sence?

I would like to hear your responces.... Especially from the guys who have the s2 and the 10.1 tab.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Last edited:
As I said in an earlier post, I am not too phased about losing "Drive 'n Walk".
I find it to be clumsy, non-intuitive software. When I get a chance, I will look into getting a version of Google Nav to work with voice navigation.

Nope, checked the postbox today, and still no cover or jig :(

EDIT - How are you finding 2.3.4? Battery life better?
Anything you are not happy about with the ROM?
I am thinking of rather going straight to Cognition S2 v1.15.

I haven't used it extensively, but when I have used it, it proved to work correctly, apart from the piece of crap UI and way of entering the source and destination. It will prove useful when Vodacom is down or if the area I'm in at the time only has Edge coverage. You can get Google Navigation to work. It's called Brut Maps and you need root access to install it. I'm going to do it the weekend, if not in the week.
I'll be patient for the time being. If it takes longer than three weeks, I'm going to lodge a dispute with eBay to get my money back.

I haven't used it extensively as I had other stuff to do after I flashed it. It does feel snappier than the stock version and the phone in general feels more responsive. I will get back to you on the battery life topic when I have used it for a few days. By the looks of the graph and based on my usage so far, it seems much better, but I will confirm that with you in the week. Flikka reported the battery life to be better though. I'm very pleased with it, but that might change as I use it more. I hope it doesn't dissapoint.
 
i might be stating the obvious but the major advantage of the galaxy tab (or any tablet) over a smart phone is the additional screen space that makes it more comfortable to work and read on for longer durations and also for tasks that will be impractical on a smaller screen like taking notes or editing documents. also watching movies on a larger screen is much more enjoyable. if you're having a positive experience with an android smartphone and see how a tablet could be beneficial to your life i would recommend you get the galaxy tab (the 10.1 one the smaller one in my opinion would be waste)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X