Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

It cant be that long till we get another official JB firmware

It's actually a bit weird, as the official Spain and China JB ROMs got released - and then absolute silence.

Not sure if Samsung has stopped the rollout to promote the Galaxy S2 Plus (a.k.a. budget S2), but I'm very happy with the Spain JB ROM, until we get the XFA ROM.
 
It's actually a bit weird, as the official Spain and China JB ROMs got released - and then absolute silence.

Not sure if Samsung has stopped the rollout to promote the Galaxy S2 Plus (a.k.a. budget S2), but I'm very happy with the Spain JB ROM, until we get the XFA ROM.

What's really the difference between using the Spanish or SA rom? Spanish rom seems to operate exactly like it should to me, I'm not going to even bother moving to XFA/XFC when it does come out.
 
What's really the difference between using the Spanish or SA rom? Spanish rom seems to operate exactly like it should to me, I'm not going to even bother moving to XFA/XFC when it does come out.

Samsung might still do fine tuning of the official ROM, as it gets released....and that just made me think - maybe they found something wrong in the released ROM and fixing it first? Might explain the silence.

Also happy with the official Spanish ROM, will see when the XFA ROM reaches us one day and might download it for pure nostalgia. :)
 
Spanish JB File from SamFirmware

Have just (at last ....) downloaded the official Spanish ROM from SamMobile via Hotfile, but I had many false starts and other download issues, therefore I am not very confident about this file.

Can someone please publish the MD5 checksum for the 541MByte ZIP file and confirm that there are only two files inside the ZIP archive?
 
Have just (at last ....) downloaded the official Spanish ROM from SamMobile via Hotfile, but I had many false starts and other download issues, therefore I am not very confident about this file.

Can someone please publish the MD5 checksum for the 541MByte ZIP file and confirm that there are only two files inside the ZIP archive?

Mine is 567.6MB. Filename is I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3_FOP.zip. MD5 checksum is ffa7098802efab69058db21fe253402f.

Two files in the zip:

I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar.md5
SS_DL.dll
 
Mine is 567.6MB. Filename is I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3_FOP.zip. MD5 checksum is ffa7098802efab69058db21fe253402f.

Two files in the zip:

I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar.md5
SS_DL.dll

Thanks for the very late (or very early) reply.

Everything confirmed error free on this side.
 
I have installed the Spainish ROM. Now my phone does not pick up an internet connection. The data network mode is activated but still nothing. I am with MTN. Any help please?
 
I have installed the Spainish ROM. Now my phone does not pick up an internet connection. The data network mode is activated but still nothing. I am with MTN. Any help please?

Have you checked that packet data is 'ticked' in your quick settings? (notification drop down list)
 
Spanish ROM on MTN seems to need a new SIM card, and check out my query and the answers provided a page or two ago.
 
Nice...
Can you provide a total list of all the apps you have installed? Use ShareMyApp to automake a list for you.

Also screen brightness?

Thanks

20 Minute Meals
A1 CPU Tool
AdAway
Addons Detector
Adobe Reader
Advanced Signal Status
AirDroid
AntiVirus
AnTuTu Benchmark
Any.DO
App Backup & Restore
AppSales
Appstore
ASUS DM Cleint
Barcode Scanner
BetterBatteryStats
Bible
Big Bang Whip
Blood Pressure Diary
Body
Box
Camera ZOOM FX
CamScanner
Chess
Color Splash FX
ColorNote
ConvertPad - Unit Converter
CPU Spy
CurrentWidget
DealExtreme
Desktop VisualizeR
Discovery
Drive
Drive & Walk
DS audio
DS cam
DS file
DS finder
DS photo+
Earth
eBay
Endomondo PRO
ES File Explorer
ES Security Manager
ES Task Manager
ESPN Cricinfo
Eye In Sky
Facebook
Fill and Sign PDF Forms
Financial Calculators
Fing - Network Tools
Flashlight
Flightradar24 Pro
GetJar Apps
Golf Extreme!
Google Sky Map
GPS Test
GSam Battery Monitor
I'm Expecting
IMDb
iMediaShare
Instagram
Instant Heart Rate
Kingsoft Office
Knots 3D
Kunundrum
Lotus Traveler
Mantano Reader Premium
MarketEnabler
MC3
MD5Checker
ME Infiltrator
Med Minder - Free
Mede8erRemote
Messenger
Mobile ODIN FlashKernel I9100
Modern Combat 2 HD
MX Player
My Vodacom
MyPhoneBill SA
Nedbank
Network Info II
Network Signal Info
OfficeSuite
Pano
Paper Camera
PicSay Pro
Pirate Bay Browser
Pixlr Express
Plague Inc
Poweramp
PowerAMP Full Version Unlocker
PriceCheck Mobile
Quickoffice
RealCalc
Roboto FlipFont
SD Maid
SD Maid Pro - Unlocker
SetCPU
ShadowGun
ShareMyApps
Six Guns
Sixaxis Controller
Skype
Smart Tools
SoundHound ∞
Speed Test
Star Chart
Stick Cricket
Storopia FlipFont
Super Stickman Golf
SwiftKey 3
Synodroid Pro
Tapatalk
Titanium Backup
Torrent Search (by Transdroid)
Total Commander
TubeMate
Twitter
Ultimate Rugby
Ulysse Speedometer
UrlToPDF
Verdana FlipFont
WhatsApp
Where's My Droid
Wifi Analyzer
WiFi Key Recovery
WiFiKill Downloader
WiFiKill FREE
Wikipedia
World Of Goo
ZArchiver
µTorrent

Screen brightness on auto. Used tapatalk and twitter mostly. I thought it would be worse since twitter (which I used mostly) has a white background. No phone calls. Used Endomondo for an hour this morning with GPS active
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X