Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did nobody mention that Polaris Office 4.0 supports Dropbox?

It is fabulous!!

Ok, granted it does not come preinstalled with the Samsung JB ROM, instead it is an extra 26MB download from Samsung Apps, but it's a full office suite for free and I just love it.

Thanks Samsung!! :love:
 
Okay, so for anyone running the LS8 ROM - or anything based on it - and is looking for a new look (and some extra features): check this thread out.

I installed the AOSP look - I'm in heaven. Samsung goodness with a vanilla look. Everywhere. No more TW blues. :)
 
I am enjoying JB more and more.

I discovered the sms spam feature so after adding "opt out" as a filter Im getting hadly any spam sms's.
 
I am enjoying JB more and more.

I discovered the sms spam feature so after adding "opt out" as a filter Im getting hadly any spam sms's.

I hadn't even thought of that, so I checked GoSMS Pro last night and added some keywords to block. Thanks for the tip :)
 
Hi guys,
Over the years of flashing and switching phones my phones contacts have gone haywire, is there something I can do to edit these all with my PC and separate SIM from Phone contacts? This is a real mess.

Not sure if someone has answered this yet, but you can also edit your contacts on Google contacts, on the pc. Access it from Gmail. This is assuming you have synced with Google.
 
So I got bored.

I've installed Xperia Home Launcher (thx, XDA), and something called http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072870]GYF Launcher (Google Play is your friend). Xperia Home runs very low on memory, and still looks good. I have disabled the dock and have a very minimalist homescreen (1 screen).

View attachment 38000

GYF is the trick here. It is a gesture-based launcher (see the grey line on the side? - it's because I'm a learner :D) that swings in from the side, showing a sweet list (with favourites) of your apps. The bonus is it can do this from anywhere - not just the home screen.

View attachment 38002

I might stick with this for a bit, see how it grows on me. There is a pro version of GYF with theme support too.

I like your setup.

I use swipepad as a gesture based app launcher of sorts (it does not replace your current launcher). You can setup from which edge you want to swipe in, and you setup multiple swipad pages, ie a different one for a different edge.

This allows me to have a very clean homescreen.
 
After trying 3 different Swype-like keyboards, the default Samsung one on Jellybean for me is the most efficient and easiest to use out of the box.
 
So I got bored.

I've installed Xperia Home Launcher (thx, XDA), and something called http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072870]GYF Launcher (Google Play is your friend). Xperia Home runs very low on memory, and still looks good. I have disabled the dock and have a very minimalist homescreen (1 screen).

View attachment 38000

GYF is the trick here. It is a gesture-based launcher (see the grey line on the side? - it's because I'm a learner :D) that swings in from the side, showing a sweet list (with favourites) of your apps. The bonus is it can do this from anywhere - not just the home screen.

View attachment 38002

I might stick with this for a bit, see how it grows on me. There is a pro version of GYF with theme support too.

This is really nice. Love the idea of GYF Launcher. I use something similar by overlaying Unity Launcher with Apex....
 
So I got this email today:

Hello,

Regrettably the following items have been cancelled.

Cancellation reason: Out of stock

Product Quantity Price
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 Extended Battery Kit 1 R289.95

We apologise for the inconvenience. If your order was cancelled due to an item being out of stock, kindly visit our website to select alternative products.

Really unhappy about this :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X