Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
GalaxyS3Walls4_zps7f6c5299.jpg


tablet_wxga_004_zps5f4dfa92.jpg
 

Bluetooth calling issues mainly - was on neat rom yesterday but phone died at 4pm this is with extended battery. today 12hrs latter and i still have 44% battery but every time I make a Bluetooth call with my parrot car kit I have to reboot. Also lots of failed calls were I could not make a connection and signal loss (cell c). Plus dealing with lots of personal Sh1 and need a phone that just works and will last through the day.
 
Bluetooth calling issues mainly - was on neat rom yesterday but phone died at 4pm this is with extended battery. today 12hrs latter and i still have 44% battery but every time I make a Bluetooth call with my parrot car kit I have to reboot. Also lots of failed calls were I could not make a connection and signal loss (cell c). Plus dealing with lots of personal Sh1 and need a phone that just works and will last through the day.

Did you have NeatROM Lite LS8 on your phone at any time?
 
Slimbean just got error status 7. Seems they only give sh1 values to check instead of MD5....
 
Slimbean just got error status 7. Seems they only give sh1 values to check instead of MD5....

This is a result of the changes in your*android*phone “Model Number” or device ID. See here for full article. http://mobotechie.com/tips-tricks/h...ailed-error-in-recovery-easily-ultimate-guide
I have never had this so I can't say if this process is okay

EDIT:
Used GS2Romwipe2.01

I read about it but never tried it. I was on NeatROM Lite LS8 and it messed with my phone. Then did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache, wipe data and wipe system (overkill I know). Then flashed NeatROM Lite 4.0 LSJ again and now have a stable phone again
 
Last edited:
Hi all. I was messing around on the *#197328640# and was fiddling with the hspa/hsdpa settings. I set it to release 5 or whatever so that only "3G" would be used. I now want to switch it back to release 99 so H and H+ can be used but when I click it it does not change?? I'm running the Spanish Jelly Bean release.
 
Last edited:
There is no telling from the screenshots which roms/firmware and kernel you are using (assuming JB), but there two major schools of thought regarding battery life.

(A) I don't care about battery life since I charge often enough and I want to have as much awesomeness from my S2 as possible.
The simple answer to this is - Get a backup battery and have it handy when you can not charge. Enjoy a fully functional firmware and stock kernel (root or unrooted)

(B) I don't care for the frills and fuss, I want my battery to last for 2 days at least with proper functionality
Here you must decide between rooting your device or not. The best way forward is to root your device since this allows the most tweaking of rom/fw an kernel. Pick a rom from XDA that which removes the bloatware which normally is the reason for excessive battery drain - NeatROM Lite and Omega is currently the more popular roms on our forum. This can be done only by rooting your phone. These two roms has no draining bloatware on the phone and should dramatically increase the battery life seen against the stock JB fw. Also when rooted, you get to use awesome apps like Titanium Backup. With this, you can further freeze apps that you don't want. I use ES Task Manager to disable auto startup of apps I don't need to run all the time - some of these apps just load because it is on your phone. Disable start at startup won't stop the apps from working (unlike freezing apps in TB), but it will take slightly longer to load the moment you use the app. Then with something like SetCPU, you can create profiles based on certain conditions to let the phone "work less". This will also save a bit of battery power. I do not believe in apps like juise defender since it continiously runs in the background to check for certain conditions in order to save battery - doesn't make sense to me (and a lot of others on XDA). Some kernels are very economical from the word go, but if you want to squeeze more battery life out of your phone, then you can consider undervolting and underclocking with Siyah or Dorimanx (look for stable releases). I do both and have yet to find an app that causes freezes because the processor can not keep up. And if this happens, then adjust UC and UV to preven these freezes. Remember that all S2's are not created equal and your results will vary from someone else (for better or worse). Get a 2000mAh battery - R300 well spent! It gives 24% extra life from the moment you chuch that baby in your phone. Switching of the fancy features you don't really need will not take away from your phone - stop comparing to the fruit phone - you have a better phone - deal with it!

The above are merely basics - there are a bunch of helpful threads on XDA that will tell you exactly what you can do to get more battery life. I am by no means an expert this subject, but I am quite happy using my phone moderately the whole day and not worry about the battery. I get at least a day out of my 2000mAh battery with ave 3-4 hrs screen on time (a couple of pages back I posted some screen shots if you are interested).

Neatrom lite 4.2
Battery life has been getting progressively woese since I flashed the rom.
 
I just got an update pushed to my phone (Spanish ROM). Have no idea what it is but hopefully it's a fix for my hectic battery drain.
 
Guys is LPS modem still the best for SA? And can I use LPS modem with NeatRom Jelly Bean LSD?

Oh PS Thanks for the wallapers
 
First impressions on Slimbean.

Very Smooth, 182DPi Default, some nice settings to play with. If bluetooth works well could be a keeper.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X