Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim is awesome :) One thing though...it does start with a DPI of 182... I changed it to 200 which is still pretty nice and readable for me. Loving 4.2.1 RC2 and Dori
 
Does anyone here know when the S2 Plus is launching in SA?

I doubt if we will be getting the S2 Plus, as it will kill sales of the S3 mini, which MTN and Vodacom are already selling.

Mmmm....but give all the service providers a ring, or send email, and find out if they will be getting it.
 
Can someone please provide a link to the newest Official Jelly Bean roms? I can't log into Sammobile.
 
Slim is awesome :) One thing though...it does start with a DPI of 182... I changed it to 200 which is still pretty nice and readable for me. Loving 4.2.1 RC2 and Dori

Does wifi tethering work with slim and dori?
 
I doubt if we will be getting the S2 Plus, as it will kill sales of the S3 mini, which MTN and Vodacom are already selling.

Mmmm....but give all the service providers a ring, or send email, and find out if they will be getting it.

I’m now in the decision making process to choose between smartphones and what you are pointing out is exactly why I want the S2 Plus; the S3 Mini is a disaster in my opinion and do not really want the S3 at this stage of its life cycle. I do not want a big phone, I want something up on top which is comfortable to carry around. The S2 Plus specs are also perfect for my needs…

Unfortunately, the shops neither customer service can provide me answer to the questions surrounding the S2 Plus release/launch date. MTN also knows nothing of its existence…
 
I’m now in the decision making process to choose between smartphones and what you are pointing out is exactly why I want the S2 Plus; the S3 Mini is a disaster in my opinion and do not really want the S3 at this stage of its life cycle. I do not want a big phone, I want something up on top which is comfortable to carry around. The S2 Plus specs are also perfect for my needs…

Unfortunately, the shops neither customer service can provide me answer to the questions surrounding the S2 Plus release/launch date. MTN also knows nothing of its existence…

The upcoming BlackBerry Z10 may be worth waiting for - not Android, but very tempting (and similar in specs) nonetheless. Don't let your previous mal-experiences with BBOS fool you either - BB10 is a beast of a different kind.
 
The upcoming BlackBerry Z10 may be worth waiting for - not Android, but very tempting (and similar in specs) nonetheless. Don't let your previous mal-experiences with BBOS fool you either - BB10 is a beast of a different kind.

I am a true Sony fan boy, but lately they simply cannot release anything of value. I would have preferred the Xperia ION, but it never launched in South Africa. The whole ABC range is a battery disaster; this makes it difficult to believe that the Xperia Z will be anything as superb as advertised.

I really do want the S2 Plus; the phone is well rounded and is everything what the S3 is missing and what the S2 should have been. Very much a small improvement, but it fit my needs.

The only system I ever liked before Android was Symbian and the only blackberries I like are edible, just like Apples.
 
I am a true Sony fan boy, but lately they simply cannot release anything of value. I would have preferred the Xperia ION, but it never launched in South Africa. The whole ABC range is a battery disaster; this makes it difficult to believe that the Xperia Z will be anything as superb as advertised.

Given that the Z is still a while away for us, have some faith (from another Sony fanboy).

I really do want the S2 Plus; the phone is well rounded and is everything what the S3 is missing and what the S2 should have been. Very much a small improvement, but it fit my needs.

I'm sorry, WHAT?! The so-called Plus is a downgrade from the original- less storage, inferior chipset and that horrid skin. Reviews seem to confirm this:

With both devices still on the market and currently priced the same, however, you'd be crazy not to go with the original Galaxy S II. The formula that worked for Samsung two years ago still works today, and Jelly Bean has brought some extra value to the experience. You get the better-performing Exynos chipset and double the flash memory for the same price (there's a 32GB model available as well).

I would rather get the original, and still king, S2.
 
Given that the Z is still a while away for us, have some faith (from another Sony fanboy).



I'm sorry, WHAT?! The so-called Plus is a downgrade from the original- less storage, inferior chipset and that horrid skin. Reviews seem to confirm this:



I would rather get the original, and still king, S2.

Could you provide me with a link to that review? I want to read up on the chipset.

I am not concerned over the 8GB internal memory as I will upgrade it with external 64GB. The only reason I want this phone is actually for the size versus performance. It also seems that I cannot get a S2 anywhere… And no, I’m not buying second hand.

Otherwise I will have to wait for the Xperia Z… although it will be a brick…

My current work phones is an old Sony Ericsson W850i and Nokia 6220 Classic, reason is that I can do with these phones exactly what I want. I even do have Nokia 3310 x 2 as backup.

My personal phone is a Xperia X10 with Cyanogenmod nightly build 9 with various mods to basically stabilise the phone, even though it is also more a Gameboy nowadays. I am due a new phone since Sep 2012 and have been waiting things out…

Either Samsung or Sony… But I do not want the S3 Mini and nearly everyone I know carries a S3 or Note 1/2 around… But it must not be a large phone; even the Xperia T is a giant.
 
Could you provide me with a link to that review? I want to read up on the chipset.

I am not concerned over the 8GB internal memory as I will upgrade it with external 64GB. The only reason I want this phone is actually for the size versus performance. It also seems that I cannot get a S2 anywhere… And no, I’m not buying second hand.

Otherwise I will have to wait for the Xperia Z… although it will be a brick…

My current work phones is an old Sony Ericsson W850i and Nokia 6220 Classic, reason is that I can do with these phones exactly what I want. I even do have Nokia 3310 x 2 as backup.

My personal phone is a Xperia X10 with Cyanogenmod nightly build 9 with various mods to basically stabilise the phone, even though it is also more a Gameboy nowadays. I am due a new phone since Sep 2012 and have been waiting things out…

Either Samsung or Sony… But I do not want the S3 Mini and nearly everyone I know carries a S3 or Note 1/2 around… But it must not be a large phone; even the Xperia T is a giant.

Link.

Yes, the original S2 is rather hard to source new. I would wait it out for the Z, and if not, go for the T.

Have you considered the Nexus 4?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X