South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
S-voice is activated when you double push the home button. If you deactivate this, you should see improved performance.
Otherwise, could be something thats running - but cant be sure.
Is the one not on power saving mode? I have noticed it makes a slight diff.
Just got my S3 todaypicked it up for R5000 brand spankers ,i broke the seal on the box.
:erm: did not know the sim is micro so cant use it till tomorrow .
You know what, I'm rather going to hold off for a few days on fixing this issue as it's not all that important. I'll rather go with a custom JB ROM in a few days' time - that should hopefully sort out the issues.
BTW, do I need to root the phone again after a new ROM? I'm assuming so...
Anyone got a solution to the camera flash bug? Works fine without flash, causes a FC when it's enabled and a grey image![]()
Could try clearing "Google Services Framework" cache and data.
Might solve your issues, give it a bash.
Seems to be mixed reactions about this current leak and I'm going to hang in there for an official initial release rather. I use & rely on my phone too much to mess around with things & troubleshoot why things don't work as expected just for the sake of running the latest leak. My phone is currently running so smoothly. I'm getting about a 42 hour battery life with absolutely no issues what so ever. I'm in no rush to mess with that![]()
You do realise of course that all these "test" leaks have all been rejected by Samsung.
I'm sure though that we must be pretty close to an official release given that the last couple of have run smoothly on my phone.
LI4 released.
At the time of writing this post, it's still be uploaded by SamMobile
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/09/08...s-iii-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean-test-firmware/
edit: file available now
You do realise of course that all these "test" leaks have all been rejected by Samsung.
I'm sure though that we must be pretty close to an official release given that the last couple of have run smoothly on my phone.
I'm not using any of these leaks for the reasons stated above in my previous post. I'm still on official ZA ICS.
Faster download via torrent:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87072124/I9300XXDLI4_I9300OXADLI4_I9300XXDLI4_BTU.zip.torrent
JB is a decent improvement on ICS and very easy to flash on. It takes less than 3 minutes. Don't forget that SA's networks seem to take ages to push OTA updates - maybe it's because they're smearing their branding all over the firmware. Why wait when you can enjoy JB right now?
Seems to be mixed reactions about this current leak and I'm going to hang in there for an official initial release rather. I use & rely on my phone too much to mess around with things & troubleshoot why things don't work as expected just for the sake of running the latest leak. My phone is currently running so smoothly. I'm getting about a 42 hour battery life with absolutely no issues what so ever. I'm in no rush to mess with that![]()
I doubt a torrent could beat my 1mb/s download from HF. That file took only 14 minutes to dl.
I've explained why I will rather wait for the official release (below). I won't be waiting for a ZA official JB release, just the first official one. I'm simply not interested in flashing over and over every other day on flawed releases, having mem leaks, FC's etc when the official release is likely to be only days or a week away. The "excitement" of flashing daily just to say I have the latest leaked version on my handset has long ago lost its appeal to me![]()
I doubt a torrent could beat my 1mb/s download from HF. That file took only 14 minutes to dl.
I've explained why I will rather wait for the official release (below). I won't be waiting for a ZA official JB release, just the first official one. I'm simply not interested in flashing over and over every other day on flawed releases, having mem leaks, FC's etc when the official release is likely to be only days or a week away. The "excitement" of flashing daily just to say I have the latest leaked version on my handset has long ago lost its appeal to me![]()