Samsung Galaxy S3

Yay! Just finished the login screen for my new app and it's been tested and found working on my beloved S3. Screw iOS they can get theirs when I'm done :p
 
S-voice is activated when you double push the home button. If you deactivate this, you should see improved performance.

Otherwise, could be something thats running - but cant be sure.

Thanks, I am going disable mine as I don't even use it.

Is the one not on power saving mode? I have noticed it makes a slight diff.

I didn't have much time to compare settings, but mine is on power saving mode. I am looking forward to JB with project butter.

A little off topic, has anyone got a Nexus 7? Is it worth paying the premium for one? I have an iPad which the kids now dominate, and I find it just to big and heavy. Might enjoy the Nexus 7 more.
 
As far as performance is concerned I'm finding CM10 to be very impressive. Not sure how the leaked JB Samsung ROM compares.
 
Just got my S3 today :D picked it up for R5000 brand spankers ,i broke the seal on the box.
:erm: did not know the sim is micro so cant use it till tomorrow .
 
Just got my S3 today :D picked it up for R5000 brand spankers ,i broke the seal on the box.
:erm: did not know the sim is micro so cant use it till tomorrow .

In the meantime you may as well download the Jelly Bean firmware. ;)
 
You know what, I'm rather going to hold off for a few days on fixing this issue as it's not all that important. I'll rather go with a custom JB ROM in a few days' time - that should hopefully sort out the issues.

BTW, do I need to root the phone again after a new ROM? I'm assuming so...

Could try clearing "Google Services Framework" cache and data.

Might solve your issues, give it a bash.
 
My phones internet (3g) died twice today. Had to restart both times to get connectivity. Hoping its a once off occurrence...
 
Anyone got a solution to the camera flash bug? Works fine without flash, causes a FC when it's enabled and a grey image :(
 
You do realise of course that all these "test" leaks have all been rejected by Samsung.

I'm sure though that we must be pretty close to an official release given that the last couple of have run smoothly on my phone.
 
Seems to be mixed reactions about this current leak and I'm going to hang in there for an official initial release rather. I use & rely on my phone too much to mess around with things & troubleshoot why things don't work as expected just for the sake of running the latest leak. My phone is currently running so smoothly. I'm getting about a 42 hour battery life with absolutely no issues what so ever. I'm in no rush to mess with that ;)

You do realise of course that all these "test" leaks have all been rejected by Samsung.

I'm sure though that we must be pretty close to an official release given that the last couple of have run smoothly on my phone.

I'm not using any of these leaks for the reasons stated above in my previous post. I'm still on official ZA ICS.
 
LI4 released.
At the time of writing this post, it's still be uploaded by SamMobile
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/09/08...s-iii-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean-test-firmware/

edit: file available now

Faster download via torrent:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87072124/I9300XXDLI4_I9300OXADLI4_I9300XXDLI4_BTU.zip.torrent

You do realise of course that all these "test" leaks have all been rejected by Samsung.

I'm sure though that we must be pretty close to an official release given that the last couple of have run smoothly on my phone.

The only issue I've had with Jelly Bean was force closures when pasting from the clipboard, and an update for my Dolphin Browser fixed that anyway. The current release must be just about identical to whatever is pushed OTA. No complaints from me.

I'm not using any of these leaks for the reasons stated above in my previous post. I'm still on official ZA ICS.

JB is a decent improvement on ICS and very easy to flash on. It takes less than 3 minutes. Don't forget that SA's networks seem to take ages to push OTA updates - maybe it's because they're smearing their branding all over the firmware. Why wait when you can enjoy JB right now?
 

I doubt a torrent could beat my 1mb/s download from HF. That file took only 14 minutes to dl.

JB is a decent improvement on ICS and very easy to flash on. It takes less than 3 minutes. Don't forget that SA's networks seem to take ages to push OTA updates - maybe it's because they're smearing their branding all over the firmware. Why wait when you can enjoy JB right now?

I've explained why I will rather wait for the official release (below). I won't be waiting for a ZA official JB release, just the first official one. I'm simply not interested in flashing over and over every other day on flawed releases, having mem leaks, FC's etc when the official release is likely to be only days or a week away. The "excitement" of flashing daily just to say I have the latest leaked version on my handset has long ago lost its appeal to me :)

Seems to be mixed reactions about this current leak and I'm going to hang in there for an official initial release rather. I use & rely on my phone too much to mess around with things & troubleshoot why things don't work as expected just for the sake of running the latest leak. My phone is currently running so smoothly. I'm getting about a 42 hour battery life with absolutely no issues what so ever. I'm in no rush to mess with that ;)
 
Last edited:
I doubt a torrent could beat my 1mb/s download from HF. That file took only 14 minutes to dl.



I've explained why I will rather wait for the official release (below). I won't be waiting for a ZA official JB release, just the first official one. I'm simply not interested in flashing over and over every other day on flawed releases, having mem leaks, FC's etc when the official release is likely to be only days or a week away. The "excitement" of flashing daily just to say I have the latest leaked version on my handset has long ago lost its appeal to me :)

Since LI3 it has been pretty stable. Nothing popped up that I noticed.

The problems you mention relate more to the CM10 releases.

Running LI4 now and so far it seems perfect.

I also maintain root and keep all my apps/data between flashes, so effortless really.

My reason for downloading is cause I am a flashaholic and I enjoy seeing what improvements/features a new flash will bring. I too would be over it if I just flashed for bragging rights.
 
Last edited:
I doubt a torrent could beat my 1mb/s download from HF. That file took only 14 minutes to dl.



I've explained why I will rather wait for the official release (below). I won't be waiting for a ZA official JB release, just the first official one. I'm simply not interested in flashing over and over every other day on flawed releases, having mem leaks, FC's etc when the official release is likely to be only days or a week away. The "excitement" of flashing daily just to say I have the latest leaked version on my handset has long ago lost its appeal to me :)

Well whatever floats your boat. It's your phone. Why did you download the file if you weren't going to use it?

Why do you have a Hotfile premium membership? What benefits are there, aside from occasionally being directed to a random download on their website?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X