Samsung Galaxy S8

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Getting used to it. Have you installed through Vodacom OTA?

I've experienced better battery performance so far. Other than that, nothing to shout about. Just a bunch of UI changes.
The clock irritates me too. Not sure how to fix that.
I installed it via the OTA update last night, I like it, feels real snappy and I love the night mode.

I'll post how to fix the clock when I'm at my PC again, it's real easy.

Edit: How to move the status bar clock to the right on Samsung devices running One UI

vorman

Expert Member
10h40m on battery and 3h15m screen on with 32% left isn't half bad.
Yup also noticed an increase in battery performance. Sitting at 14hours, 2h40 screen time and 27% left currently. Keeping in mind my bluetooth stays on.

Previously for me by 6pm it's already in battery saver mode at 15%.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Anybody know where I can find a cheap front glass replacement for a S8 - locally sourced?

People want to charge an arm and leg just to replace the cracked glass. LCD is functioning perfectly.
Saw a ton of DIY vids online and ....looks easy enough :laugh:

Last edited:

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I just noticed a really handy feature they added with the One UI, I have my rotation locked but now if you flip your phone a little icon comes up in the navigation bar and if you press it it rotates the app and if you hold your phone upright again the icon shows up again to let rotate it back. Instead of you having to go to the quick settings toggle it's right there.