Skyworth Binge Android TV box

mmmig

Honorary Master
I think I am going to buy this for me.

Is the DSTV Now quality good for Supersport?
DSTV Now the quality of the stream really varies, sometimes you'd need to put the quality right down but that's a general issue with the DSTV Now app with all devices.

sirbluepants

I think I am going to buy this for me.

Is the DSTV Now quality good for Supersport?
I want to concur with Koosie. I'm also on fibre and haven't had any issues. So unless there's issues from supersport side like network congestion or something, as long as you have good internet connection you should be fine. I personally stream EPL, rugby and cricket every weekend with no issues.

Akirky

Expert Member
Update was quick and painless. NTFS working fine, ethernet connected after standby and casting had no problems.

I did have a strange problem while trying to play a 3GB video from the USB. It would just hang while trying to load regardless of which media player I selected. Smaller videos played fine, while they all played on the LIT box.
After some fiddling I found it to be a problem with ES File Explorer, as I was able to play the video directly from the media players. When I used another file manager I had no problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stiller26

Update was quick and painless. NTFS working fine, ethernet connected after standby and casting had no problems.

I did have a strange problem while trying to play a 3GB video from the USB. It would just hang while trying to load regardless of which media player I selected. Smaller videos played fine, while they all played on the LIT box.
After some fiddling I found it to be a problem with ES File Explorer, as I was able to play the video directly from the media players. When I used another file manager I had no problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Does it have DSTV Now and Netflix straight from the Play Store?

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep

ES File Explorer appears to be falling out of favour. We've found File Commander to be better, however the difference may be between Android 7 and Android 8. Android 8 has a bunch of changes that are in the long run better but do cause the occasional headache.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
ES File Explorer appears to be falling out of favour. We've found File Commander to be better, however the difference may be between Android 7 and Android 8. Android 8 has a bunch of changes that are in the long run better but do cause the occasional headache.
ES File Explorer is an advertising cesspit, FX File Explorer is probably the closest alternative to ES File Explorer, but File Commander is nice. I stuck to Asus File Manager, minimal and simpler to use on the eye.