Skyworth Binge Android TV box

Say What

Hi Christie,

Netflix must approve all devices that run their app. A Netflix approved differs from a normal build, and it is not possible to load the TV software on to the set top box software.

Should you wish to know more about Netflix, we recommend you contact them directly.
Any date as to when they will give a license.

Caziques

Also didn't understand it . Skyworth have tv's that are netflix certified .. no reason why they wouldn't understand the process or time frames to get netflix running on this box. .. I mean if Telkom got it right on the LIT , anyone should be able to do so.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Is the TV box not stable enough HUH?
We have an Android 9.0 build we're testing, but we will not release it until it is stable. It's normal for most companies to run tests before release, and in the case of Android, it's complicated because you need to run very extensive tests before even attempting Google Certification.

isie

Honorary Master
We have an Android 9.0 build we're testing, but we will not release it until it is stable. It's normal for most companies to run tests before release, and in the case of Android, it's complicated because you need to run very extensive tests before even attempting Google Certification.
I'm impressed you going for pie :)

On that subject - how many years worth of updates can your customers expect on this device?

xbmcfan

I'm impressed you going for pie :)

On that subject - how many years worth of updates can your customers expect on this device?
Android 9 is the last Android OS the chipset company, Amlogic will support on these S905x devices.
You need an Amlogic S905x2 or S922x(3x faster than S905x) chipset device to get up to Android R updates.

S922x + LibreELEC(Linux Kodi, also supporting 1080p Netflix) + SSD storage + Magisk(to get Google Certified) is the way forward and already available in devices like the Khadas Vim3(that will ship in a month's time).
8GB storage(with less than 5GB available) is way too small to still use in 2019.

Gamer

Expert Member
Nice little box this. Picked up a new one for R420.00 on Monday and it was delivered yesterday. Plugged in and setup in minutes via my phone and then did a backup of my Nvidia Shield Kodi setup and restored to the Skyworth, a great duplicate of my Shield (TV lounge) now running in the bedroom for a fraction of the cost :thumbsup:

joshuatree

Nice little box this. Picked up a new one for R420.00 on Monday and it was delivered yesterday. Plugged in and setup in minutes via my phone and then did a backup of my Nvidia Shield Kodi setup and restored to the Skyworth, a great duplicate of my Shield (TV lounge) now running in the bedroom for a fraction of the cost
Did they sell it for a normal discounted price of R420 on Takealot ?

Segg

Expert Member
So I've got a weird problem with mine.... It keeps switching its language to Korean :ROFL: I set it back to English, but within a few minutes it's switched back to Korean

Any ideas :D

Polymathic

Honorary Master
So I've got a weird problem with mine.... It keeps switching its language to Korean :ROFL: I set it back to English, but within a few minutes it's switched back to Korean

Maybe North Korea hacked your Wifi

Christie1987

good day
has anyone experienced ,when switching on the binge box,after it was unplugged that it does not connect to wifi.When going into wifi settings sometimes it switches to ON but does not pick up the network name or any other network even though the modem is on or sometimes does not want to switch to ON position.Only comes right after a reset.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member

Probably an HDMI-CEC issue, it's probably getting the factory language from your TV which is probably a Samsung?