Skyworth Binge Android TV box

Christie1987

Goodday guys. Im new to the forum. I jus hav a quick question. The binge box runs oreo 8 same as some of the skyworth televisions but there is netflix on the tv bt not on the box.Does skyworth have a specific version that they are loading on the tv and why cant we load that on the box? Thanks

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Goodday guys. Im new to the forum. I jus hav a quick question. The binge box runs oreo 8 same as some of the skyworth televisions but there is netflix on the tv bt not on the box.Does skyworth have a specific version that they are loading on the tv and why cant we load that on the box? Thanks
Hi Christie,

Netflix must approve all devices that run their app. A Netflix approved differs from a normal build, and it is not possible to load the TV software on to the set top box software.

Should you wish to know more about Netflix, we recommend you contact them directly.

SLY46GP

Seems to work ok with my cheap Mecer soundbar. Sometimes it takes 20-30s to connect but it does connect eventually

I also have cheap sinotec soundbar. It just loads forever but doesn't pick anything up. I've given up now

cyrus123

Hi,

What is the best Netflix apk to download for this box. My current apk does not allow me to scroll up to the top status bar to search for shows

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Unfortunately, we can't test every single Bluetooth device out there, there are quite a few, but the major ones should work.

Bluetooth is a lucky packet, especially with cheaper devices. Got a Polaroid speaker, that works with all the cellphones in the house, but not with the Mi-Box, Telkom LIT box or either of my laptops.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Hi All,

Unfortunately, we are not able to support adaptive refresh rates on this platform. We did try and get it working, but the team was not able to do so.

Sorry about that.

Louis Marx

Hi All,

Unfortunately, we are not able to support adaptive refresh rates on this platform. We did try and get it working, but the team was not able to do so.

Sorry about that.
And by platform you mean Oreo 8.0? Or on the box itself?
What about the plans to migrate to 8.1 or Pie?
Rollback firmware?

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
And by platform you mean Oreo 8.0? Or on the box itself?
What about the plans to migrate to 8.1 or Pie?
Rollback firmware?
The feedback is from the chipset manufacturer. I don't have all the details, but it sounds like it won't work on Oreo or the upcoming Pie update.

xbmcfan

ETA on update? Days? Weeks? Months?
I don't see Pie being released any time soon unless Xiaomi or Nvidia releases it first and get Google to fix most of the bugs. Those companies invested way to much to get Oreo stable and won't release a new OS soon where they have to do all the improvements from scratch again. Expect 6-12 months.
Most manufacturers including Xiaomi will release new S905X2, S922 devices instead that come preinstalled with Pie and are more stable that have 3x the speed, 64GB storage, 4GB RAM and with new video playback capabilities that are not possible on the older S905X devices. Amlogic is also starting to discontinue S905X devices and Pie will be the last OS they get, they are replaced by S905X2 and S922 devices that are already released several months now for similar prices.