Telkom ADSL 100% Dead

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
Yesterday around 1pm, my ADSL just completely died. 0 downstream. 0 Upstream. No connection whatsoever.
Rebooted router. Nope.
Checked all the cables. All good.
Tried a new router. Nope.
Called Telkom, they say my ADSL is "syncing", also refreshed the port. Switched my router off during the refresh, back on when done. Still nothing.
Fault logged, technician will be sent out to check whats up.

Anyone else having this issue around Kenilworth, Cape Town? Such a nightmare... Think I'll only get a technician to come through tomorrow.
Hope I get money back for the days lost...

Hayat3

Yesterday around 1pm, my ADSL just completely died. 0 downstream. 0 Upstream. No connection whatsoever.
Rebooted router. Nope.
Checked all the cables. All good.
Tried a new router. Nope.
Called Telkom, they say my ADSL is "syncing", also refreshed the port. Switched my router off during the refresh, back on when done. Still nothing.
Fault logged, technician will be sent out to check whats up.

Anyone else having this issue around Kenilworth, Cape Town? Such a nightmare... Think I'll only get a technician to come through tomorrow.
Hope I get money back for the days lost...

Experiencing all the same symptoms.But I am based in the south of JHB. Line is dead for a week already,with nothing being done by Telkom.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
im also completely down, in Cape Town. No sync, no throughput nothing.

Quad!

My ADSL Line is dead sins 2016-03-31 13:30 !!!!:mad:

Phone Line working Perfectly, but ADSL dead, no sync at all...

Called Afrihost on 2016-03-31 to Log the Fault and the guy said he can see something wrong at exchange, but still not working. Dont even get a report from them if i email for update. Get only a Ticket ID and thats it.

Called Telkom Self and all they can say is technition is busy with it.
So more than 5 days no internet.. cant work.. can do nothing.. no reports.. no reply..

At this point i wonder if my ADSL line is going to come back on??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

R0cc0

My line use to be 10mb full i used to get 1.2MB download speed. Now my speed is 678KBPS. My line has degraded in the last 20 days drastically my snr is now 2.9 when it use to be 25; my attenuation is at 43 now both for dl. And yet Telkom is taking the full monthly fee for 10mb line... I need to go to Hellopeter and the consumer complaints south africa. This needs to be escalated, how is Telkom taking the full fee when i dont get the full service!!!!

terabit

My line use to be 10mb full i used to get 1.2MB download speed. Now my speed is 678KBPS. My line has degraded in the last 20 days drastically my snr is now 2.9 when it use to be 25; my attenuation is at 43 now both for dl. And yet Telkom is taking the full monthly fee for 10mb line... I need to go to Hellopeter and the consumer complaints south africa. This needs to be escalated, how is Telkom taking the full fee when i dont get the full service!!!!
R0cc0 I had the same problem! It it started while telkom was rolling out fibre in my area. But it got better as they started finishing off.

HartsockZA

Garsfontein, Pretoria. My 2mb line suppossed to get upped to 4mb as I ordered. on the 1st my line went dead. No ADSL since then, logged a fault and still waiting for them to come take a look. All the same problems as the original poster.