Telkom Direct stores are an Epic Fail

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
Telkom Direct stores #EpicFail

Trying to find information about a Telkom Mobile product proved to be a near insurmountable task, especially when it involves contacting a Telkom Direct store

Last edited:

Budza

Executive Member
Telkom Direct stores are walk in only.

It's not like they're in the phone business... :rolleyes:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The only successful call involving a Telkom Direct store is the time they call you. I once sat whilst waiting for them to make copies of the ID & Bank statement, and made a call to the store to hear whether I could hear a ringing phone. Nothing, not a sound of a ringing phone. Curiously the lady at the information/sales counter did answer her ringing phone with "Telkom Direct, Clearwater, how my I assist?", but it was not a call from me. Perhaps their number is incorrectly published?

That said, in the last 2 years that I have been going to Telkom/8ta outlets, service has been amicable (Clearwater, Cresta, Southgate). Besides, you can order the bulk of their fixed and mobile services via 10210/081 180 anyway and the fact that the agent on the other side of the call might have no idea/details on your inquiry is not different to that I've experienced with MTN & Vodacom as well.

Last edited:

minerva

I can totally relate to this. I recently needed to do a Sim Swop and after phoning every single outlet in Gauteng, I could not get hold of a single one of them. I then decided to go to the store in Fourways where I was assisted by a very unfriendly lady that made me feel like I was interrupting something a lot more important. What a bad taste in the mouth...

I then witnessed an American (Judging by her accent) lady asking to buy a cheap, cash phone for her use while visiting the country, only to be told by the staff member assisting me that they do not sell cash phones and that she must go to the MTN across the hall in the rudest of manner and not even looking up to make eye contact...

To the Telkom/8TA Operations Manager, you need to sort your staff out before they chase all of your current and potential customers away!

Seriously

Honorary Master
You only realize it now? The whole new Telkom structure are a huge fail.

ichigo

Executive Member
No problems at all with the Telkom adsl side of the Drect store but the 8ta/mobile side is meh

Dolby

Honorary Master
I hate the fact you can't pay your Telkom bill or get Telkom account information at the Telkom Direct store. May as well shut them down

Beri

Expert Member
And do the same thing in 3 months time and it will be the same

b166er

I have been told by managers in three Telkom Direct stores (Fourways, Clearwater and Centurion) that they have a policy not to answer the phone. I just wanted to call to hear what time they were open till with the first store and a few months later I wanted to know whether they have the Samsung SGSII in stock.

Wag

Expert Member
I have been told by managers in three Telkom Direct stores (Fourways, Clearwater and Centurion) that they have a policy not to answer the phone. I just wanted to call to hear what time they were open till with the first store and a few months later I wanted to know whether they have the Samsung SGSII in stock.
No brainer

Obronie

I must admit that face to face Tygervalley is decent. I did once mentioned to them that they are an island of competence in a sea of incompetence. The 2 ladies was not to sure how to react.

ITCynic

Expert Member
In the Western Cape, I was told the same thing at Stadium on Main so I can vouch for this.

K

kingrob

Well, poor service & a sense of entitlement is the norm at all state owned entities nowadays, so why does it surprise anyone?

You should expect it by now.

CeeBee

Expert Member
the guys at Telkom store at kolonade (at the PnP) are quite helpful.... for basic services, enquiries etc
getting a contract, from any telkom store, though, remains quite a schlep.
used to be Menlyn store the only 'full service' shop in Pta area?
what use is good deals, if they try to make it as gawdamn difficult as possible to get?
tried to get a 8ta contract via Nashua Mobile a while ago also... gave up in the end.
as far as Telkom is concerned, try to stay prepaid as far as possible

lexis

... and that boys and girls is why Daddy is paying more for internet elsewhere than at Telkom... :twisted: