Telkom email settings

Firstly, i hope it's the right sub.

I'm currently helping my neighbour with her telkomsa.net email address. She's cancelling her telkom adsl and phone line, and keeping only her email - which I believe is possible, but will take some effort.

The problem is, she's no longer at the premises where her adsl was and her ipad and iphone can now only receive emails, but not send. She's now on axxess LTE.

What should her outgoing mail settings be? I really don't know where I went wrong and I'm not accustomed to apple, so I don't know if I changed something by accident when trying to fix it.

Help please.

ponder

Honorary Master
I think in order to use the telkom smtp settings to send email she has to be on their network.

Why don't you convert her to gmail so she's isp independent?

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Set up forwarding from her Telkomsa mailbox to a new Gmail account. Best way forward.

I think in order to use the telkom smtp settings to send email she has to be on their network.

I've suggested it, but she's reluctant because of all the companies that needs to be informed.

Grouter

Expert Member
change her outgoing mail server in 'mail settings' > 'advanced', to smtp.internet.co.za, port 25, no authentication.

argh

You can arrange with Telkom to cancel a Telkom landline & Telkom ADSL line, & keep Telkom email. To get the correct settings, phone Axxess and Telkom technical help to get the correct settings and passwords. Telkom email has been problematic many times this year due to Telkom "upgrading" of the service. There are other posts on Telkom email in this forum; search for the topic at the top of any forum page.

Ivork

Expert Member
I would so get away from that email address. There is no support and they losing legit emails because Telkom have blocked the entire ranges of other ISP's - some of which are running corporate MTA's (mail servers).

upup

Executive Member

You must subscribe to that service at telkom, and pay them monthly.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Here is another thread that might help.