Telkom Mobile false contract advertising

ash

I recently signed a telkom mobile sim only contract month to month which included 1gb of data as advertised in their website (porting my number). After signing the deal, I didn't receive my 1gb of data and subsequently complained, got a case number and was told that it was an error on their website and it was changed on the telkom website. I have a screenshot of the deal. Surely I should get what I paid for?

Attachments

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Errors and Omissions Excluded. I also went for that one and subsequently just upgraded to package where you get the Xperia E1 for R139 to qualify for the 1GB and unlimited TM Data. Sold the E1 for more than it would have cost me over 24-months.

ash

Errors and Omissions Excluded. I also went for that one and subsequently just upgraded to package where you get the Xperia E1 for R139 to qualify for the 1GB and unlimited TM Data. Sold the E1 for more than it would have cost me over 24-months.
Surely I should get what I signed up for? And can companies get away with their mistakes at the customers expense. I don't think so... They are refusing to give me what I paid for. It's wrong and companies cannot hide from their advertising so called "mistakes".

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Surely I should get what I signed up for? And can companies get away with their mistakes at the customers expense. I don't think so... They are refusing to give me what I paid for. It's wrong and companies cannot hide from their advertising so called "mistakes".
The terms and conditions does include the clause E&OE. I hear your plight and the Gods know I agree with you but it will become a nasty expensive fight that is not worth the Gigabytes. Go and upgrade to a 24-month contract, sell the el-cheapo handset and enjoy the Gigs.

ash

The terms and conditions does include the clause E&OE. I hear your plight and the Gods know I agree with you but it will become a nasty expensive fight that is not worth the Gigabytes. Go and upgrade to a 24-month contract, sell the el-cheapo handset and enjoy the Gigs.
It's a matter of principle.