Telkom promises better service

RichardG

Honorary Master
I doubt he'll improve the services, if nobody can actually help or know exactly what you talking about when you contact their accounts department and on another note even their staff barely even know what the whole technology is all about.

RichardG

Honorary Master
20 seconds? 20minutes at this stage sounds a bit far fetch.
Do me a favor contact Neotel, you'll see they operate 24/7 and Telkom operate from 8am-5pm, come on, Telkom should be operating 24 hours a day even for account Query really...

Glordit

Expert Member
ROFL! Telkom get rid of the Work Wheel of Fourtune? Never!

RichardG

Honorary Master
Telkom want to save money at all cost.....
They stingy with their billions

eltherza

Expert Member
took them 29 days to install a line to my place, and now it's 13 days waiting for DSL...

Service? yea...

dazzy34

Neotel answered my call within about five seconds, although it might be due to the fact that they only have 3 customers....

OhGats

This could be the funniest thing I have heard in ages. Service? what service?

stormy

Look i am the LAST person to defend Telkom..
Their 0800375375 service has improved though.
When you call a computer will tell you you are 15'th in line, then it will ask if it can call you back when you are in front of the queue, it then ask you to enter a contact number.
I prepared supper and about 15-20 minutes later the phone rang. There is a slight delay when picking up so dont put down the phone.
The computer will ask; do you want to accept the call, you wait a further 2-3 minutes and you are through.
Nowadays it takes me ffs 20-30 minutes to get trough to my ISP!
I recently had some ADSL issues and my ISP was the one giving me flak.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Look i am the LAST person to defend Telkom..
Their 0800375375 service has improved though.
When you call a computer will tell you you are 15'th in line, then it will ask if it can call you back when you are in front of the queue, it then ask you to enter a contact number.
I prepared supper and about 15-20 minutes later the phone rang. There is a slight delay when picking up so dont put down the phone.
The computer will ask; do you want to accept the call, you wait a further 2-3 minutes and you are through.
Nowadays it takes me ffs 20-30 minutes to get trough to my ISP!
I recently had some ADSL issues and my ISP was the one giving me flak.

I've found the biggest problem with Telkom is getting them to install something. Once that's done the rest of the experience is a lot less painful.

saffakanera

Expert Member
lol, i bribed a telkom guy R100 took them a day to set up EVERYTHING.

this is south africa just use your head.

Turiko

Banned
Telkom should be operating 24 hours a day
They used to :eek:

Telkom want to save money at all cost.....
They stingy with their billions

That's a longstanding tradition in Telkom, my friend. Was like that even in the 80's

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Telkom will not come right until they shake that "we are the gods of telecommunications" attitude. Their minds are stuck in the previous century when they had it their way. Until they really transform their culture - to see clients instead of pitiable masses in need of their grace - nothing will really change. When other telecommunications companies are most willing to get involved in pilot projects to test possible solutions Telkom looks you in the eye and tell you straight that they will not take part. If you don't want to sign a contract right there and then they walk out.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Only desperation will fix Telkom. They have to become desperate.