Telkom Simple queries

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
Sorry to hear there are still people who don't know much about this Telkom Simple deal. It is such a great package from Telkom and I am actively trying to inform people that I think might be interested to take up ADSL instead of 3G broadband.

The TV ad should really be played more often so more people can be informed. BTW please don't cancel it immediately after the first month as it would really not be in the interest of fair trade.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Where on their website can I confirm that it is a month to month contract ?

Under terms and conditions I see the following
Customer must sign a compulsory debit order and 24 month sales agreement to pay off the device

What is this referring to ?

Thank you

ronz91

Expert Member
Where on their website can I confirm that it is a month to month contract ?

Under terms and conditions I see the following

What is this referring to ?

Thank you

woah that sounds dodge anyone know about that?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
So the uncapped Night surfer promotion will end at the end of this month. Anybody seen communication from Telkom whether it will be extended yet?

ronz91

Expert Member
I was told it would either be extended or upgraded. Unlikely it will be discontinued.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
On the topic of Telkom Simple

Noticed that Telkom haven't bothered to update their website

We in July now ?

http://www.telkom.co.za/campaigns/simple-3/terms-and-conditions.html#.U7snG0Dm7Jc

is this available month-to-month or only on contract if taken out the device.
I went this Simple route to avoid the installation costs when I applied for a line into my home last month. I then tried to downgrade it to voice line + DSL only and the lady at the Telkom shop said the system will only allow it after 3 months due to the free modems given. Sigh

FlashSA

Executive Member
I see Telkom is advertising the Simple deal on TV again with the price listed as R399 x24months. I am going to sit tight for the 3 months since my installation and then I want it downgraded to line rental and DSL only.

When I applied via the call centre, no 24month contract was discussed so my CPA knowledge says to me they do not have me locked in as I signed nothing and nothing was voice recorded on their side.

Thoughts?

RichardG

Honorary Master
When I applied via the call centre, no 24month contract was discussed so my CPA knowledge says to me they do not have me locked in as I signed nothing and nothing was voice recorded on their side.

Thoughts?

Are you 100000000% sure your voice wasn't recorded when speaking to the consultant... You applied telephonically without going to Telkom Direct.

Did you get your router and 3G bundle.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Are you 100000000% sure your voice wasn't recorded when speaking to the consultant... You applied telephonically without going to Telkom Direct.

Did you get your router and 3G bundle.

It may have been recorded, but they do not have recorded proof of me agreeing to 24 months. I have the free router but have not collected the 3G dongle or used any of the data

zizo911

Executive Member
Here are the facts.

Telkom Simple is a month to month deal, you can cancel at anytime and keep the router. but that would be exploiting telkom goodwill.

Yes, you do get 5gb +5gb free, which is essentially 10gb during day time. The night surfer is something different.
Once you have used up all the 10 GB you will then be softcapped, meaning your speed will now be reduced to 364Kbps.
During the period of 12AM and 6AM, all data you use is zero rated and "uncapped", meaning you can download to your hearts content without worrying about your cap.

Social Networking websites are also free to use and will NOT affect your cap at all, so if you're a FB junkie then this is perfect for you...

All of this has been tested for over 9 months and it has been the same all the time
Feel free to ask any further questions.

Regards
Zizo911...

zizo911

Executive Member
PS... You also get a free 8ta modem to use in the mean time with 200mb per a month free.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Does anyone have a link to the FUP for the for the Telkom Simple Uncapped Plus package?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Back to the subject of whether Simple or month to month or a 24 month contract - Telkom's advert in last Sunday's Sunday Times confirms month to month.

sunday times.jpg

FlashSA

Executive Member
Received my latest account (for August) and Simple has gone up to R409.06! I went to a Telkom shop and the lady said it is because the line rental increased. I told her that that is true, but simple still stays at R399 so their system is not discounting properly. She reluctantly logged a query after arguing with me some more.

What are your guys bills saying?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
I am(was) on Simple 5GB + 5GB promotional plan.

Apparently they were going to up the 5GB account to 10GB. Which I thought would be 10GB normal + 10GB promotional.
Now I see that all they did was add the old promotion to the permanent cap as my cap is still on 10GB.
Bleh. :/

Moshidi

I am(was) on Simple 5GB + 5GB promotional plan.

Apparently they were going to up the 5GB account to 10GB. Which I thought would be 10GB normal + 10GB promotional.
Now I see that all they did was add the old promotion to the permanent cap as my cap is still on 10GB.
Bleh. :/
Lol. At least it didn't fall away. I wouldn't have been surprised either way

nand

Telkom does NOT give out modems if you're using your own ISP.

-Fanatix-

Here are the facts.

Telkom Simple is a month to month deal, you can cancel at anytime and keep the router. but that would be exploiting telkom goodwill.

Yes, you do get 5gb +5gb free, which is essentially 10gb during day time. The night surfer is something different.
Once you have used up all the 10 GB you will then be softcapped, meaning your speed will now be reduced to 364Kbps.
During the period of 12AM and 6AM, all data you use is zero rated and "uncapped", meaning you can download to your hearts content without worrying about your cap.

Social Networking websites are also free to use and will NOT affect your cap at all, so if you're a FB junkie then this is perfect for you...

All of this has been tested for over 9 months and it has been the same all the time
Feel free to ask any further questions.

Regards
Zizo911...

Hi Zizo ,

Just to clarify / make sure ?
so once the 10gb cap is reached , I can still continue to download between 12am & 6am ? ( what download speed do we get between those times ? max 364kbps or up to 2mbps ? )