The Angry at "Clickbait" Thread

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
This seems to be a very government type approach to the problem. Instead of fixing the identified problem you just make people fill out another form but don't do anything with it.

What are you actually going to do when we complain here about a title being clickbait? It seems like this is just a way to defer complaints. I bet you'll be proactive for a week, a month tops and then this thread will be a baron wasteland of complaints that fall into the abyss. Don't forget to make sure the search engines don't index this thread.

It's very simple really. An article has a clickbait title and you either:
a) change it
b) don't post it

Instead we now need some kind of process because inefficiency is the flavour of SA and why would you want to be any different, let alone excellent.

You know MyBB used to be an excellent site but it's stupid **** like this that really makes it go down the toilet. The main reason people come here is for the community and back and forth chit chat and not so much the articles. I used to open up almost every first page thread/article in my preferred forums/sub-forums. If I open 2 threads on the first page of any of them now that's a lot because the nonsense titles don't even fool me anymore. It's actually become so bad that it's easy to sift through the crap which is actually quite telling.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Instead we now need some kind of process because inefficiency is the flavour of SA and why would you want to be any different, let alone excellent.
Now? This thread is over a year and a half old.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Now? This thread is over a year and a half old.
My bad I didn't check the original post date, just assumed it was new because I never saw it before. My point still stands. There are still clickbait titles and nothing has been done about it.

ekske1

Executive Member
We have noticed that certain members complain about DSTV, describing them as adverts or advertorials.

What makes something an article: Online material (such as DSTV information) designed to make readers click on an article which leads to learning about DSTV being of dubious value or interest.

Example: “You'll never believe what makes DSTV tick…”

Our aim is to provide articles which inform users about DSTV in an article, to assist them to sign up for a premium subscription or two.

We can, however, appreciate that users obsessed with identifying what they view as DSTV-Advetorials and are not happy with this and have a desire to complain about it.

Unfortunately, this distracts from DSTV discussions in the article thread - which is why we opened this thread.

Please use this thread for all your DSTV-Advetorial complaints. DSTV complaints in the article threads will be frowned upon and a sip of nespresso will follow.

If it continues, it will result in severe nespresso shortages.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
If you're trying to "assist them to sign up for a premium product", you're advertising

Rabobi

Executive Member
We have noticed that certain members complain about DSTV, describing them as adverts or advertorials.

What makes something an article: Online material (such as DSTV information) designed to make readers click on an article which leads to learning about DSTV being of dubious value or interest.

Example: “You'll never believe what makes DSTV tick…”

Our aim is to provide articles which inform users about DSTV in an article, to assist them to sign up for a premium subscription or two.

We can, however, appreciate that users obsessed with identifying what they view as DSTV-Advetorials and are not happy with this and have a desire to complain about it.

Unfortunately, this distracts from DSTV discussions in the article thread - which is why we opened this thread.

Please use this thread for all your DSTV-Advetorial complaints. DSTV complaints in the article threads will be frowned upon and a sip of nespresso will follow.

If it continues, it will result in severe nespresso shortages.
Sounds like a threat