The Shroom Thread

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Ja, 0.05g psilocybin, but the cap self is also 0.3g content. Remember the whole shroom is not made out of psilocybin. (This is how I understood).
If you take 8 tabs of BGHF you trip, and its not a trip 0.4g will give you. its a trip you get when taking 2.5g plain shrooms.
Believe me....
How is the cap 0.3g? Its normal medical grade caps is it not? I have used them before switching over to 420 caps

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
How is the cap 0.3g? Its normal medical grade caps is it not? I have used them before switching over to 420 caps
I'm not sure i'm understanding you :p
I mean the content within the cap is supposedly 0.3g, of the 0.3g content, 0.05g is psilocybin. Same when you take a shroom of 2.5g, you are not taking in 2.5g psilocybin but 2.5g shroom, I have no idea how much psilocybin is in 2.5g shroom, but if I do my calculations, +- 0.4g.

I just checked the mail BGHF send me again, and it clearly says the caps are 0.3g x 60. So 8 of these caps are equivalent to 2.4g plain dry shrooms.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I'm not sure i'm understanding you
I mean the content within the cap is supposedly 0.3g, of the 0.3g content, 0.05g is psilocybin. Same when you take a shroom of 2.5g, you are not taking in 2.5g psilocybin but 2.5g shroom, I have no idea how much psilocybin is in 2.5g shroom, but if I do my calculations, +- 0.4g.

I just checked the mail BGHF send me again, and it clearly says the caps are 0.3g x 60. So 8 of these caps are equivalent to 2.4g plain dry shrooms.
Then they changed it recently seeing as on their bottles it shows 0.05g

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Then they changed it recently seeing as on their bottles it shows 0.05g
It still does, it says 0.05g psilocybin per capsule. But the content per capsule is 0.3g (which is not displayed on the bottle, but if you mail them they give you this information)
I don't know hoe else to explain this.
Lets says both 420m and BGHF sold brandy. So first you buy brandy from 420m, on the bottel they state 750ml brandy. You then buy brandy from BGHF, but on the bottle it says 322ml Alcohol but its also a 750ml bottel, meaning the rest (428ml) is flavoring....
You are not getting more brandy from 420m, you are getting exactly the same.

BGHF simply said each capsule uses 0.05mg psilocybin, (the compound inside the shroom which makes you trip). 420m most probably decided to say 0.3g per capsule as they cannot say each cap has 0.05g psilocybin and rather just went with the whole content amount.
Unless 420m says 0.3g psilocybin per capsule?

Last edited:

Hatefulsandwich

Psilocin content varies by mushroom so if any of these guys are claiming a certain Psilocin dose in their capsules I would be wary. AFAIK the actual Psilocin content of mushrooms is not something that can be measured easily. The only thing these suppliers should be stating is the amount of dry mushroom matter in the capsules.

If anyone has a gram scale they could open up the capsules from each supplier and weigh out the material themselves.

Edit: A bit of quick googling has cubensis psilocybin at approx 1% of the dry mushroom weight, so 0.05g psilocybin would require approximately.... 5 grams of dry material? Not sure if my Maths is right there. I really don't feel like listing psilocin/psilocybin content is the right way of doing this. I reckon suppliers should list the dry material weight in their capsule, what mushroom species is being used and perhaps give an estimate of how much psilocybin each capsule contains.

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
It still does, it says 0.05g psilocybin per capsule. But the content per capsule is 0.3g (which is not displayed on the bottle, but if you mail them they give you this information)
I don't know hoe else to explain this.
Lets says both 420m and BGHF sold brandy. So first you buy brandy from 420m, on the bottel they state 750ml brandy. You then buy brandy from BGHF, but on the bottle it says 322ml Alcohol but its also a 750ml bottel, meaning the rest (428ml) is flavoring....
You are not getting more brandy from 420m, you are getting exactly the same.

BGHF simply said each capsule uses 0.05ml psilocybin, (the compound inside the shroom which makes you trip). 420m most probably decided to say 0.3g per capsule as they cannot say each cap has 0.05g psilocybin and rather just went with the whole amount.
Unless 420m says 0.3g psilocybin per capsule?
I read this and honestly thought you are high .

420M is 0.3g psilocybin wheres BGHF is 0.05g psilocybin hence the reason they give you 60 capsules

saor

Honorary Master

420M is 0.3g psilocybin wheres BGHF is 0.05g psilocybin hence the reason they give you 60 capsules
Psilocybin is roughly 1.5% of dried mushroom. 5g dried mushroom (nice big dose) * 0.015 = 0.075g psilocybin. There's no way 420 are putting 0.3g of psilocybin in one capsule.

Last edited:

Noob-Noob

Executive Member

Well im trying to explain to a stoner :ROFL:
Or you or 420m has it wrong. 0.3g psilocybin is way way way to high for microdosing. Unless what they mean is each capsule has 0.3g dried shroom, which wil make sense.

Hatefulsandwich

Psilocybin is roughly 1.5% of dried mushroom. 5g dried mushroom (nice big dose) * 0.015 = 0.075g psilocybin. There's no way 420 are putting 0.3g of psilocybin in one capsule.
Yeah, the "psilocybin content" these guys are listing is incredibly suspect. I feel like they're probably both using 0.5g capsules. Since it's not easy to fill them to capacity, that's where the 0.3g probably comes from. Then BGHF has erroneously listed the psilocybin content of their 0.5g capsules is 10-15% instead of the more likely 0.5-1.5% and lists it at 0.05g instead of 5mg

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Well im trying to explain to a stoner :ROFL:
Or you or 420m has it wrong. 0.3g psilocybin is way way way to high for microdosing. Unless what they mean is each capsule has 0.3g dried shroom, which wil make sense.
Ah ok thanks gents, I understand the dosing now.

schuits

Expert Member
Oopsie , experimenting with microdosing quantities should be kept to weekends....just saying :whistling: