The Shroom Thread

homeboy

Kaang

Good Morning Everyone

I am fairly new to growing mushrooms and for a while now I was looking into growing either Natal Super Strength or Golden Teachers. I don't know which is a good one to start with (recommendations welcome here)

My question is whether anyone knows a reputable online shop that I can buy a syringe or grain spawn from in SA? I'm always paranoid when ordering anything online because there are so many scammers out there.

any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
I'll DM you. There are some reliable peeps out there.

Blessed48

Looking for a supplier with good quality mimosa hostilis (100gs to 250gs).. I have been ordering from bidorbuy but the quality isn't great for extracting dmt

LtFlealick

Good Morning Everyone

I have a quick question about liquid cultures. I have 3 jars liquid cultures in my house at room temperature. The problem is that our winter temp it gets to 5-6 minimum and that mycelium grows better at warmer temps 18+

do you think that i should maybe place them in a warm bath and keep the temperature at 20 degrees constant with something like a fish tank heater or jut leave them as they are at the colder temperature

Thank you in advance

Kaang

Good Morning Everyone

I have a quick question about liquid cultures. I have 3 jars liquid cultures in my house at room temperature. The problem is that our winter temp it gets to 5-6 minimum and that mycelium grows better at warmer temps 18+

do you think that i should maybe place them in a warm bath and keep the temperature at 20 degrees constant with something like a fish tank heater or jut leave them as they are at the colder temperature

Thank you in advance
I have two spots for LC and spore grain inoculation. One is below in a dark cupboard that houses my geyser, so even now in winter, it holds a fairly steady warmer environmental temp. The other is a small Martha tent type set up, actually those little green 4 shelf green houses you get from Builders etc. In this I have a 50W ceramic heat emitter (reptile shop sourced) linked to a STC 1000 digital thermostat. Have black bags if I want to keep tent dark, also use tent for tubs when fruiting.

The cold will definitely slow growth and spread of mycelium in the LC. May even hang dormant a while until temp favours growth.

LtFlealick

I have two spots for LC and spore grain inoculation. One is below in a dark cupboard that houses my geyser, so even now in winter, it holds a fairly steady warmer environmental temp. The other is a small Martha tent type set up, actually those little green 4 shelf green houses you get from Builders etc. In this I have a 50W ceramic heat emitter (reptile shop sourced) linked to a STC 1000 digital thermostat. Have black bags if I want to keep tent dark, also use tent for tubs when fruiting.

The cold will definitely slow growth and spread of mycelium in the LC. May even hang dormant a while until temp favours growth.
Thank you for the reply

Warm spots in my house is bit limited. Warmest spot in the house would probably be under the kitchen zink otherwise i need to go buy some stuff quick

capd

Expert Member

Thank you for the reply

Warm spots in my house is bit limited. Warmest spot in the house would probably be under the kitchen zink otherwise i need to go buy some stuff quick

Perhaps something like these could work?

Guilty

Cape Town psychonauts, Need a hookup in the mothercity trying to avoid delivery fee and unpredictable delivery. Pm.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I grew some Jedi Mind F*** recently - think these might be the best grow I've ever done. I've got around 70g dry so far, and this time I've made sure they are properly 100% dry. I'm keeping them in tightly sealed glass jars with dessicant packets inside - I'm hoping this will help them keep their potency longer.

My wife and I each had around 5g fresh (equivalent of around 0.5g dry) and let's just say it was quite strong. No visuals or anything but felt pretty strong. I remember eating lunch and thinking I feel so trippy! Looking forward to a proper dose with them.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Good Morning Everyone

Thank you in advance

Temps inside your house likely won't drop to 5-6C. Just put them on top of the fridge or something.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Good Morning Everyone

I am fairly new to growing mushrooms and for a while now I was looking into growing either Natal Super Strength or Golden Teachers. I don't know which is a good one to start with (recommendations welcome here)

My question is whether anyone knows a reputable online shop that I can buy a syringe or grain spawn from in SA? I'm always paranoid when ordering anything online because there are so many scammers out there.

any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

In general I'd say I've been disappointed with the Golden Teacher that I've grown. Natal Super Strength grows like crazy - I'd say it is a pretty hardy and fast growing variety. One tip with NSS is don't use a casing layer. Don't cover your cakes in vermiculite or anything - mine produced this white blob when I did that.

Natal Super Strength is also supposed to be one of the stronger varieties, although this is unconfirmed. Some reports have its strength close to Penis Envy, supposedly the strongest. But this is all anecdotal.

Where to get supplies - shroomsupply.co.za or sporespot.co.za (might be sporespot.com but doesn't matter, its a South African site).

Spores are legal to buy, grain spawn is not. You can buy prepared bags of grain, but you have to inject them with spores yourself. Any of the two shops will sell you whatever spores you need, and they will also sell you grow kits with everything you need. That's where I'd start. I'd also have a look for books on magic mushroom cultivation - they are all legal to purchase and provide a good explanation for what to do and why. Using kits isn't rocket science, but a deeper understanding will make you less likely to make mistakes.

Blessed48

Still looking for a reliable Mimosa Hostilis supplier... Preferably someone who has extracted dmt before

Dr Chopper

It's funny. Someone on this thread pm'd me detailed steps and procedures on microdosing. Then six months later the very same person is on this thread asking advice on microdosing and where to buy caps.

My question is this. Does prolonged microdosing cause memory loss or any other adverse long term effects? And finally, perhaps on another topic - why are shrooms illegal but Salvia is not?

RanzB

Honorary Master
It's funny. Someone on this thread pm'd me detailed steps and procedures on microdosing. Then six months later the very same person is on this thread asking advice on microdosing and where to buy caps.

My question is this. Does prolonged microdosing cause memory loss or any other adverse long term effects? And finally, perhaps on another topic - why are shrooms illegal but Salvia is not?
Research on microdosing is only going on now, so there's no conclusive evidence on what effects - if any - it has on people short-term or long-term.