The Shroom Thread

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Easter Bunny.jpeg

First fruits being used as ammo to catch the chocolate egg laying bunny rabbit.

Loads of pins and flushing off first cake. Second cake is still dormant but the mycelium is growing like mad.

Will take pics when I get half a chance.

I'm hunting wabbits...

EDIT: The bottoms are not bad harvesting, they are nibbles...

EDIT #2: Okay they were bites... I will do it again!

Last edited:

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Very very psychedelic strain. Perfect for micro dosing. Such a pleasant ride... Going to box the strain tomorrow and grow a lot.

Highly recommend TATs.

Kaang

Hey all. New domestic mycology student on the block.
Quick question, to dry your harvest, without the more costly dehydrators on the market, any suggestions. I am currently repurposing my biltong box with a 40W halogen light with fan going. Still takes a few days to get cracking dry.

Also, are mushrooms dried whole generally, or are the larger, more fleshy ones split to dry faster?

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Hey all. New domestic mycology student on the block.
Quick question, to dry your harvest, without the more costly dehydrators on the market, any suggestions. I am currently repurposing my biltong box with a 40W halogen light with fan going. Still takes a few days to get cracking dry.

Also, are mushrooms dried whole generally, or are the larger, more fleshy ones split to dry faster?
Ideally you don't want to go over 40 to 60 degrees when drying. I slow dry mine in a wine box with holes (cardboard wine bottle box). 40 to 60 degrees usually takes around 6 to 8 hours in an air fryer. Slow drying takes around a week for smaller mushrooms. Slow drying whole large mushrooms is a bit risky as you leave them exposed to contamination. If you can split them, then do.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
wadup my mycelial mates...

can anyone recommend a good place in CT to get medicinal mushrooms like lions mane, cordyceps, red reishi etc.

TIA, much appreciated

mercurial

MyBB Legend

Kaang

Ideally you don't want to go over 40 to 60 degrees when drying. I slow dry mine in a wine box with holes (cardboard wine bottle box). 40 to 60 degrees usually takes around 6 to 8 hours in an air fryer. Slow drying takes around a week for smaller mushrooms. Slow drying whole large mushrooms is a bit risky as you leave them exposed to contamination. If you can split them, then do.
Great thanks for the feed back. So I can expect the biltong cabinet to take a few days like it has. Will ensure I split the chubby fruit before drying.

Ewiz

Therapy dose

Background:
The reason for doing this was to address my treatment-resistant depression.
I have had depression for about 15 years but it became progressively worse in the past 3yrs. In the past, I have had ayahuasca treatment which did help some. I also did ketamine treatment recently but the effects were short-term.
Recently, I micro-dosed LSD for a month which had no effect, and then went to a "clinic" to have ibogaine treatment. I detoxed my meds before the treatment, as recommended, and as of now am still off prescription drugs. I was on prescription meds, anti-depressants, mood stabilizer, and anti-psychotic.

The ibogaine was administered at 19mg/kg HCL (standard dose). I would describe this experience as mild but did experience a small amount of 'open-eye visuals'.

After this did not work I tried mushrooms.
So yesterday I ground up 7 grams of 'alacabezi' added 15ml lemon juice and let sit for about 30 mins then added cold water and steeped for 30mins. I filtered it and drank the 'tea'. A therapeutic dose is approximately 5 grams but I seem to have a high tolerance so I upped the dose to 7 grams. I drank the tea at about 20h00 and the trip ended at about 01h00 so about 5 hrs.

I used an eye mask and listened to meditation music. There were very few visuals and mainly just a very heavy body load/physical experience. I felt like I was being turned inside out and twisted. Very unpleasant.

Question to experienced trippers:
I was expecting a far more profound experience. Did I make a mistake with the preparation because I expected a much stronger response?

I will try this again in a few days but this time I'll use hot water steep for 1hr then add lemon juice, and consume 20mins later. (add ginger)
I am using the tea method to avoid nausea as I have a 'weak' stomach.

I would prefer to do this therapy with a professional but can't find one in KZN.
Does anyone know of a person who facilitates mushroom therapy in KZN?

FYI
BBC documentary on psilocybin therapy - youtube.com/watch?v=UGN2l-XY_EE&t=2202s
micro-dosing, youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFM8pfy4s

RanzB

Honorary Master
So yesterday I ground up 7 grams of 'alacabezi' added 15ml lemon juice and let sit for about 30 mins then added cold water and steeped for 30mins. I filtered it and drank the 'tea'. A therapeutic dose is approximately 5 grams but I seem to have a high tolerance so I upped the dose to 7 grams. I drank the tea at about 20h00 and the trip ended at about 01h00 so about 5 hrs.

I used an eye mask and listened to meditation music. There were very few visuals and mainly just a very heavy body load/physical experience. I felt like I was being turned inside out and twisted. Very unpleasant.

I was expecting a far more profound experience. Did I make a mistake with the preparation because I expected a much stronger response?

Not what you would called 'experienced' but I do have experience.

I find that in your headspace, taking mushrooms and then shutting down outside stimulation forces inward thoughts as opposed to experiencing the world on mushrooms.

I had a bad trip once by doing exactly what you did, putting on a mask then paying attention to my thoughts. I was inside my head too much, and if you're already in a bad mindset this can cause issues.

The next time I did it I found myself about to do the same but instead potted around the house, watched some series and read a bit. It caused those potentially mundane experiences to become slightly magical ones instead.

Probably one of the best trips I've had was just sitting in my lounge listening to a thunderstorm, then taking a walk after the rain had ended, and the roads were quiet and serene.

As an aside, while there has been research into using psilocybin to treat depression, I don't think there's been anything conclusive, and definitely not within the realms of a home remedy. I did also see something recently about microdosing being considered ineffective.

I will try this again in a few days but this time I'll use hot water steep for 1hr then add lemon juice, and consume 20mins later. (add ginger)

I use the lemon tek method, which is grinding the mushrooms fine then adding lemon juice and steeping. I shoot this straight but then follow up with something that will counteract the taste/acidity, like tea.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Therapy dose

Background:
I have had depression for about 15 years but it became progressively worse in the past 3yrs. In the past, I have had ayahuasca treatment which did help some. I also did ketamine treatment recently but the effects were short-term.
Recently, I micro-dosed LSD for a month which had no effect, and then went to a "clinic" to have ibogaine treatment. I detoxed my meds before the treatment, as recommended, and as of now am still off prescription drugs. I was on prescription meds, anti-depressants, mood stabilizer, and anti-psychotic.

The ibogaine was administered at 19mg/kg HCL (standard dose). I would describe this experience as mild but did experience a small amount of 'open-eye visuals'.

I would prefer to do this therapy with a professional but can't find one in KZN.

FYI
@mister I think you once posted about that lady with the facebook group that does sessions with groups of people. Is she not from KZN?

capd

Expert Member
Therapy dose

Background:

FYI
Definitely take them on an empty stomach, and also rather eat the shrooms instead of steeping... I do the same as @RanzB – chop up finely in a shot glass (I use a double-wall espresso cup) and add lemon juice (I also add some Lemonade or similar cool drink).

Also find a good supplier. Shrooms lose potency if not stored correctly.

Lastly I would recommend rather taking them in the day, instead of at night. Far more stimuli, as @RanzB alludes to. Example you could take them soon after waking up (empty stomach). I've had great trips taking shrooms at 10am.

If you watch The Last Shaman, it seems that using ayahuasca takes several sessions. The guy spends months in the jungle, changing his mindset.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Is there anyone that does that kind of stuff in Cape Town?
That same lady. They do trips in Gauteng, Cape Town and KZN iirc.
Will check if I can find the details. Its like an entire night, stay over type of thing where they guide you.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Therapy dose

Background:

FYI

You might have let them steep too long - lemon juice begins breaking the mushrooms down, and they aren't that stable. Try steep them for a shorter time.

Also, try the good old chew and swallow method. I find that tea is generally less potent than chew and swallow. It tastes gross but you rinse your mouth out and you are okay.

Some shrooms tend to cause more or less visuals. Try a different variety?

Wait 1-2 weeks after such a heavy dose - you build up a tolerance.

Kaang

Well first tub of Psilocybe Cubensis “Natal Super Strength” went fairly well. Each successive flush, with environment being tweaked produced better results. This is what I love about these fascinating fungi. They also appear more hardy than you think once full colonization has established itself.

IMG_1963.jpg IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1965.jpg IMG_1993.jpg IMG_2084.jpg

LtFlealick

Good Morning Everyone

I am fairly new to growing mushrooms and for a while now I was looking into growing either Natal Super Strength or Golden Teachers. I don't know which is a good one to start with (recommendations welcome here)

My question is whether anyone knows a reputable online shop that I can buy a syringe or grain spawn from in SA? I'm always paranoid when ordering anything online because there are so many scammers out there.

any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

homeboy

Good Morning Everyone

I am fairly new to growing mushrooms and for a while now I was looking into growing either Natal Super Strength or Golden Teachers. I don't know which is a good one to start with (recommendations welcome here)

My question is whether anyone knows a reputable online shop that I can buy a syringe or grain spawn from in SA? I'm always paranoid when ordering anything online because there are so many scammers out there.

any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
I will hijack your post, because I want to cultivate my own as well but don't know where to start. I tried ordering from an online they still have my money and refused to give it back.