USB Wifi Adapter (Kali Linux)

Hi there

Has anyone got an idea of where I can get a USB Wifi adapter that works well with Kali Linux, it needs to support monitoring and packet injection.

I have tried looking for the Alfa AWUS036NHA but no luck.

If anyone has any guidance on this I would appreciate it.

from JHB,

V

neoprema

Expert Member
For Kali, I assume you want it to support packet capture and packet injection.

Your best bet is to get supported chips from the airodump site, and work back finding which brands have them. Make a GOOD NOTE of sub-chip versions as its often a case that a chip v1 had injection support but v2 of the same chip does not.

PM me if you don't come right I might be able to help with something else.

Zipkoppie

Last edited:

Defib

Expert Member
Awesome! Thanks please let me know how it goes. Apparently the TP Link TL-WN772N was popular for Kali.
Problem is that V2 does not support monitoring and packet injection. Only V1 and they aren't available anymore.

I am looking for a solution to this and appreciate all input.

Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this from a local supplier? I am also looking for a USB adaptor for Kali.

Last edited:
Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this from a local supplier? I am also looking for a USB adaptor for Kali.
Hi y'all. Hope all is well (or close enough)

Can anyone share a hint on where to look to purchase an adapter that has monitor mode.

For the last 3 months I have been hunting in my area at local PC shops, 2nd hand stores, etc for adapters with Ralink RT3070 Atheros AR9271 Ralink RT3572 Realtek RTL8187L chipsets but nothing so far.

Am based in CPT. But I might just order online if I cant find one.

Waylander

Expert Member
Hi y'all. Hope all is well (or close enough)

Can anyone share a hint on where to look to purchase an adapter that has monitor mode.

For the last 3 months I have been hunting in my area at local PC shops, 2nd hand stores, etc for adapters with Ralink RT3070 Atheros AR9271 Ralink RT3572 Realtek RTL8187L chipsets but nothing so far.

Am based in CPT. But I might just order online if I cant find one.
https://www.makro.co.za/computing-a...adapter-v2-04465284829D4461AB8E7EAFCAE6A7CCEA

initroot

Well If you don't mind waiting I'm in the UK and you can order one on amazon and have it delivered at my flat.
I'm back on 15 July in Cape Town and can bring a couple with?