Warning for all new SmartPlan contracts

Azimuth

Expert Member
1. Advertisements state free CLIP but I was charged.
2. There's supposed to be free SIM and connection but I was charged "Wireless Activation Fee OC - R400.00".
3. The pro-data system is split over 2 components, which doesn't help. This was never disclosed to me or I would have simply gone back beginning Feb.
4. All-net data, for roaming on MTN, has been silently downgraded from 300MB pm to 150MB pm. I feel somewhat cheated.

I was overcharged R1,000 a few days ago due to 1-3 and had to log a case this morning.

Got my phones on 25 Jan and first used on 26 Jan, yet I was charged for the WHOLE of Jan and Feb, with the invoice payable end of Feb.

CASE # 7607651.

Last edited:

Azimuth

Expert Member
This is the Telkom Mobile section, so that be the network. SmartPlan is one of their products.

Azimuth

Expert Member
Can a Mod please move this to the cellular section? My bad. :(

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
1. Advertisements state free CLIP but I was charged.
2. There's supposed to be free SIM and connection but I was charged "Wireless Activation Fee OC - R400.00".
3. The pro-data system is split over 2 components, which doesn't help. This was never disclosed to me or I would have simply gone back beginning Feb.
4. All-net data, for roaming on MTN, has been silently downgraded from 300MB pm to 150MB pm. I feel somewhat cheated.

I was overcharged R1,000 a few days ago due to 1-3 and had to log a case this morning.

Got my phones on 25 Jan and first used on 26 Jan, yet I was charged for the WHOLE of Jan and Feb, with the invoice payable end of Feb.

CASE # 7607651.
Hi Azimuth

We have requested the Billing Department to look into the matter and feedback will be provided.

Regards
Telkom Mobile

zizebra

This is The reason telkom mobile & mtn will never be on my shopping list. Everything takes ages to be resolved and only if you go public.

Azimuth

Expert Member
In fairness to Telkom Mobile though, I've received a LOT more support and better customer service. With the exception of the VC rep on mybb, who organised a credit on my overcharged data contract, VC support is like hitting a brick wall.