Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

Still getting very shocking speeds to MTN Business from my end: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1712241382.png

4Meg line.

Will be updating my ticket with your support staff too...

If you can, please drop me a PM with the following information:

  • Client Code
  • Account Type (eg .Uncapped 4Mbps)
  • Are you throttled?
  • What is slow? (eg. Browsing, gaming, downloading)
  • When are things slow?

What I'll do from my side is push on all the details to the relevant guys to have a proper look at things. I may not reply to the PM, but I can promise you I'll have your details passed on and looked into!
 
If you can, please drop me a PM with the following information:

  • Client Code
  • Account Type (eg .Uncapped 4Mbps)
  • Are you throttled?
  • What is slow? (eg. Browsing, gaming, downloading)
  • When are things slow?

What I'll do from my side is push on all the details to the relevant guys to have a proper look at things. I may not reply to the PM, but I can promise you I'll have your details passed on and looked into!

Refer to ticket EFF051006980 on your system.

RedAfrica account, so no throttling afaik.

Browsing/downloading from certain servers. Please see ticket...

Mainly slow during business hours.

I don't see why I should use unofficial channels to resolve my problem as everyone doesn't have this facility. The official channels put in place by Webafrica should suffice in getting my problem resolved as I am a paying customer and so are all the other people sitting with issues who aren't aware of mybroadband. So I don't feel it fair that I get special treatment simply because I am aware of your presence on mybroadband.

Instead of trying to save face on here, why not simply reply to the tickets on your system regarding the issue instead or send out a mailer informing clients that there is an issue.

Or maybe even updating the "network status" page on your website to show that there's still an issue, even if it's simply with some accounts.
 
Refer to ticket EFF051006980 on your system.

RedAfrica account, so no throttling afaik.

Browsing/downloading from certain servers. Please see ticket...

Mainly slow during business hours.

I don't see why I should use unofficial channels to resolve my problem as everyone doesn't have this facility. The official channels put in place by Webafrica should suffice in getting my problem resolved as I am a paying customer and so are all the other people sitting with issues who aren't aware of mybroadband. So I don't feel it fair that I get special treatment simply because I am aware of your presence on mybroadband.

Instead of trying to save face on here, why not simply reply to the tickets on your system regarding the issue instead or send out a mailer informing clients that there is an issue.

Or maybe even updating the "network status" page on your website to show that there's still an issue, even if it's simply with some accounts.

Thanks for the info, I've passed it onto the Networking and ADSL guys.
 
Hi guys,

I am currently on a wireless package, but looking to move back to dsl where (under normal circumstance) the latency is excellent and jitter is near zero. I play local FPS and download +-200gb/m

Can you guys reccomend WA? I will be going to them with line and bandwidth, so I want to make sure I'm going to experience the best possible service based on what I've read on the KB.

Thanks in advance!
I can recommend this package with no reservations. Despite some users having issues with the package I am loving it. My latency in WoW in around 200 and my downloads are pretty stable but like what was said before, give them a try for a month and see for yourself.
 
Morning guys,

As a reminder, if you're still seeing slow speeds with us, please PM me the following information:

  • Client Code
  • Account Type (eg .Uncapped 4Mbps)
  • Are you throttled?
  • What is slow? (eg. Browsing, gaming, downloading)
  • When are things slow?

If you have an alternative ISP account, test that too so we can confirm it's not your line/ exchange. You can include any tracert's to slow sites too.
Things should be sorted out now, in general our call queues and ADSL department is looking much quieter than yesterday - which is a good thing!
 
I am on the 4mb uncapped.

Here is my usage for the 17th.

Hour Bytes Used Usage
00:00 - 01:00 1 541 862 398 bytes 1.44 GB
01:00 - 02:00 1 526 707 013 bytes 1.42 GB
02:00 - 03:00 1 084 645 693 bytes 1.01 GB
03:00 - 04:00 720 065 965 bytes 686.71 MB
04:00 - 05:00 1 464 388 830 bytes 1.36 GB
05:00 - 06:00 1 670 359 675 bytes 1.56 GB
06:00 - 07:00 1 565 730 050 bytes 1.46 GB
 
Last edited:
I'm trying to find latency figures for a 1mb line, I can not justify the price of a 4mb uncapped line in my household ... I am currently on the home - pro on 4mb but like to dl mmo's every now and again and it just hammers my bandwidth allocation :(.
 
Latency should be the same except if you do heavy downloads. My latency is 200 with two machines playing wow and my media centre downloading nzb's.
 
I am on the 4mb uncapped.

Here is my usage for the 17th.

Hour Bytes Used Usage
00:00 - 01:00 1 541 862 398 bytes 1.44 GB
01:00 - 02:00 1 526 707 013 bytes 1.42 GB
02:00 - 03:00 1 084 645 693 bytes 1.01 GB
03:00 - 04:00 720 065 965 bytes 686.71 MB
04:00 - 05:00 1 464 388 830 bytes 1.36 GB
05:00 - 06:00 1 670 359 675 bytes 1.56 GB
06:00 - 07:00 1 565 730 050 bytes 1.46 GB

Out of interest, were you DL via WA news servers or a paid news server? Thanks
 
Things have been a lot quieter on this side today, what's things been looking like?
 
Things have been a lot quieter on this side today, what's things been looking like?

Haven't been in Old Republic yet (server maintenance and new patch released today). Will see how it is later this evening.

Otherwise browsing is fine. Downloaded the Amalur demo on Steam this morning which went well.
 
Cancelling my account because I'm leaving Cape Town for 5 months on work... but it's been great. Thanks WA. :-)
 
Got surprisingly good news. 20-minutes into DL+ and not a single lagspike. Everything's been perfect all day <3
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X