Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

@wajeff.

will the support be open on 1st of jan?

as other guy suggested that i phone them to request line move from telkom to WA , then it will be added with the uncapped so that i can pay R899 with adsl line, want to move it asap :P
 
@wajeff.

will the support be open on 1st of jan?

as other guy suggested that i phone them to request line move from telkom to WA , then it will be added with the uncapped so that i can pay R899 with adsl line, want to move it asap :P

Yup, no rest for us :(
We're open 24/7/365. So give us a shout at 5am on the 1st Jan if you like :p
 
Just a FYI

After midnight last night my star wars old republic latency went from a silky smooth 215ms to spiking to 900 or so then drop to 300, 215, etc... I dont know if thats a reaction to downloadplus ?
 
@MightyMuffinMan: Strange, this shouldn't be happening. Please PM me with your client code and I'll check this out on my end. Download Plus hours definitely do not contribute to your thresholds.
Set up a tiket. its been sorted out. thanks. will send client code anyway.
 
Hey guys,

So I can finally get some time off during December :D
It's been a truly awesome year, we've seen these forums come a long way - and the Web Africa online community is getting stronger and stronger every month.

I'll be on leave for a bit, just tomorrow and Friday for Christmas and my Birthday. Don't worry though, I'll be back on Wednesday 28th to attend to all the online queries that pop up.
If there are any urgent queries, please contact support on 086 000 9500 or [email protected] - they'll be able to attend to all the queries you guys chuck at them!

Jeff out.
 
Hey guys,

So I can finally get some time off during December :D
It's been a truly awesome year, we've seen these forums come a long way - and the Web Africa online community is getting stronger and stronger every month.

I'll be on leave for a bit, just tomorrow and Friday for Christmas and my Birthday. Don't worry though, I'll be back on Wednesday 28th to attend to all the online queries that pop up.
If there are any urgent queries, please contact support on 086 000 9500 or [email protected] - they'll be able to attend to all the queries you guys chuck at them!

Jeff out.

Have a wonderful Christmas, WAJeff :)
 
Just felt like a bit of a rant. Soon I would've been using WebAfrica's Home Uncapped 4Mbps package for a month.

It had a rough start (for me, at least) during the first fifteen days and, who knows, perhaps come 1 January we'll be repeating that but, all-in-all, I have never been happier with an uncapped product in ZA.

I get excellent latency in online gaming (yes, those problems have 99.9% abated), Skype has never been so smooth and perfect and Steam (and other downloads) run at full line-speed.

So thank you, WebAfrica, for giving an uncapped product that absolutely ROCKS. You've definitely set the bar.

If anyone reading this is still fence-sitting, my suggestion is go for it. Try it for a month and see for yourself.
 
Just felt like a bit of a rant. Soon I would've been using WebAfrica's Home Uncapped 4Mbps package for a month.

It had a rough start (for me, at least) during the first fifteen days and, who knows, perhaps come 1 January we'll be repeating that but, all-in-all, I have never been happier with an uncapped product in ZA.

I get excellent latency in online gaming (yes, those problems have 99.9% abated), Skype has never been so smooth and perfect and Steam (and other downloads) run at full line-speed.

So thank you, WebAfrica, for giving an uncapped product that absolutely ROCKS. You've definitely set the bar.

If anyone reading this is still fence-sitting, my suggestion is go for it. Try it for a month and see for yourself.
I'd still be watching this bar for at least Jan 2012.
 
I second Lycanthrope, this is an awesome product (at the moment).

With that said the debacle at the beginning of the month was a painful experience. :-)
 
Last edited:
Hi, I can also state that for the time being the product is enjoyable. I hope it stays like this.
 
Thanks for the wishes guys, I'm back in the office for the rest of the week - and everything returning to a kind of normal next week after News Years :)

Glad to see the guys are still happy though!
 
Been almost a month for me now, quite happy with the account. I also had my line moved from telscum to WA which went without a hitch and happened rather quickly.
Took me a few days to get into when to download and to set schedulers up for DL+ but now smooth sailing. I exceeded the threshold once or twice and was throttled but it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Also, didn't take very long to be back within the limit. While it isn't the best thing having to moitor your daily usage to keep within the limits, for the price I am paying I do not mind.

So far so good, shot WA.
 
12am hit and for some reason my wow latency has sky rocketed to 6k in the middle of a raid >.<
 
12am hit and for some reason my wow latency has sky rocketed to 6k in the middle of a raid >.<

Same story here. After midnight started getting spikes of between 1,200-8,000ms in Old Republic. Please tell me this isn't starting again :(
 
To all you guys who have been on other isp's

How does WA's latency local and international compare to the likes of mweb, openweb and afrihost?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X