Wifi Glenmore Area?

Mr Hankey

Anyone have suggestions for a WiFi service in Glenmore Durban?
I have looked around quite a bit with very little affordable options, coverage in this area is terrible. ADSL is not available.

I was very keen on the ISpot option, but no coverage in this area, Bitco seem a little expensive, Telkom, well Telkom- no coverage wifi or adsl.

I'm looking at a 2-4mb line 20-40g a month or preferably uncapped if not too pricey. Budget around 500-R700pm.

At the moment im using the 8ta option 60+60gb @ R1800 this lasts me around 3 months(im obviously holding back on the usage to make it last).

Anyone with any input? Thanks in advance!

airborne

Executive Member
Is there no avail telephone lines, Glenmore must have ADSL, it's in the middle of Durban?

Mr Hankey

No, no ADSL. As usual Telkom don't know its arse from its elbow. When we moved down they said yes they can port move our line over and supply ADSL. On arrival it was a whole new story...

Hanks

I have looked around quite a bit with very little affordable options, coverage in this area is terrible. ADSL is not available.

I was very keen on the ISpot option, but no coverage in this area, Bitco seem a little expensive, Telkom, well Telkom- no coverage wifi or adsl.

I'm looking at a 2-4mb line 20-40g a month or preferably uncapped if not too pricey. Budget around 500-R700pm.

At the moment im using the 8ta option 60+60gb @ R1800 this lasts me around 3 months(im obviously holding back on the usage to make it last).

Iam also in Glenmore - No ADSL so iam using 8ta 3G.Maybe speak to the Durban Wireless Club - I did speak with them a few years back but found they had a bit of an attitude so i didnt bother with them.

FNfal

Executive Member
They are busy installing ISAMs in that area at the moment , heaven knows when they will be activated .

Mr Hankey

So you reckon wait it out? I am reluctant to sign a 12 month-er with Bitco if there will be other options in the near future.

Anyone from Ispot in here? Word was they were considering a tower/AP in the area...

:rolleyes:

have you try speedinet

have you try speedinet

Mr Hankey

Tried Speedinet, they dont cover our area.

@Hanks, I bumped into a Telkom techie chilling in his van next to the exchange on Fielden road, says the Fibre is laid and that they are just waiting to be hooked and switched on...says should be on end of Nov- this year, lets see about that about, but it does seem positive with the new cable already being laid.

So for now i guess its just 8ta till we go live!

BitCo

BitCo representative
Company Rep
Hi Guys,

We might be able to help you in this area as we have some large towers around, try putting your address into our coverage map - http://bitco.co.za/coverage-map/

See if you fall into the blue and then you have a chance of getting services if there are no obstructions blocking the LOS

Mike

Mr Hankey

You guys do cover this area, but im not too keen on the monthly contract and your prices are a little steep for my pocket too.
It is an option, just weighing up the options once hellkom release pricing from there end.

BitCo

BitCo representative
Company Rep
You guys do cover this area, but im not too keen on the monthly contract and your prices are a little steep for my pocket too.
It is an option, just weighing up the options once hellkom release pricing from there end.
Hi Mr Hankey,

Cool & good luck...

We always here if you need us :)

Mike