Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
Very weird because I use a 200Mbps line which is very easy to see slow speeds and latency issue but it's perfect my side. Maybe it's because of the Durban IPC?

I'm in PTA which goes to JHB but it's perfect. Streaming twitch or any international is fine. You mentioned Showmax and Netflix both which is local. Showmax and DSTV is served by Akamai and Netflix with their own JHB peering at NAP Africa JHB.
Oi vey. Thanks for your reply. I will keep an eye on it, see if I can spot a pattern - if there is one. Updates via PS4 is flying though.

Nimz

Executive Member
anyone with ISPAfrika? and managed to get their line released early?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
@AfriMan @AfriFella im currently a customer of your using a 100/50 openserve line. it turns out the vumatel offering on pure fibre is much more tastier than the openserve route. how can i take advantage of this?
Hey cobusv
If there is Vumatel in your area, then you can sign up a Vumatel package and cancel the openserve package.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I think you should be fine. Just order a new Vumatel product and before it goes active cancel the Openserve line. If the Openserve line is still within the 6 months then you might have to pay the R999 cancellation fee but can't see why ordering a Vumatel line would be an issue.
We should be able to credit the cancellation cost for you.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
@AfriFella , I’m with openserve/Telkom fixed line, ISP and fibre 40/20. Would like to cancel everything associated with Telkom and sign on for Afrihost Fibre deal.
Please elucidate the steps that I should take to come aboard.
Also, how would I benefit from the R5,000 offer as I already have an installed fibre line.
Would I apply for the service with Afrihost first or Should I cancel everything with Telkom first ?
Hey Sean008
We have an option to migrate your 40/20 line or sign up with another provider if there are options in your area.
Please drop me a PM with your street address so I can assist.

Cocopops

Was literally Telisha that sent me that mail....
I also spoke to Telisha, she advised the problem is that Openserve Require 5 working days cancellation, and therefore CISP get billed for the line rental as the cancellation only takes place in August - 5 days from initiation.
I will therefore be billed for Both August & September and claim this back from AH.

dews

It can take up to 60 days for my cancellation to conclude, upon which i will receive the invoice for the cancellation penalty fee.

I expect to receive it within the next 4 weeks, so somewhere in August. Should I sign up now or wait until then?

I have an Openserve line.

Fjorko

Expert Member
It can take up to 60 days for my cancellation to conclude, upon which i will receive the invoice for the cancellation penalty fee.

I expect to receive it within the next 4 weeks, so somewhere in August. Should I sign up now or wait until then?

I have an Openserve line.
Yes, sign up while the offer is still available. You will not be billed until 3 months after your line becomes active with AH, 1st month being a pro-rata month

STORMERSFAN

When paying by cc.. Does anyone know whether it counts as online spend (like cisp) or does it count as a purchase.. Would be nice to earn ebucks on online spend.. Otherwise I might as well use my current acc

Fjorko

Expert Member
When paying by cc.. Does anyone know whether it counts as online spend (like cisp) or does it count as a purchase.. Would be nice to earn ebucks on online spend.. Otherwise I might as well use my current acc
I'm going to pay mine by CC, however - instead of me instigating the payment to CISP , like i usually do, i think AH will charge your CC from their end ( Like Spotify ), but im not 100% sure tbh

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Well it's now been half a month on Afrihost Pure Fibre 200Mbps and I'm really, really glad I made the switch from CISP.

Visual representation of the experience thus far:
So offer you DRS during specific times, what sorcery is this?! :ROFL: