Best value adsl for gaming

K21

Hey guys, I'm staying in Claremont, Cape Town, and I'm a gamer, or try to be one. The thing is, playing online is laggy.

I'm paying R899 for mweb's 10mbps + R206 for Telkom's landline monthly and it just isn't enough, for starters, mweb sucks, according to online tests the speed is usually below 5mbps.

So here I am, looking for advice on how to play without lag or close to that without breaking my budget (~R1200/month).

By the way, I'm playing Tekken 7 now, not COD, I believe lag in fighting games is much more deadly.

Thanks in advance!

C@sparis

Hey guys, I'm staying in Claremont, Cape Town, and I'm a gamer, or try to be one. The thing is, playing online is laggy.

I'm paying R899 for mweb's 10mbps + R206 for Telkom's landline monthly and it just isn't enough, for starters, mweb sucks, according to online tests the speed is usually below 5mbps.

So here I am, looking for advice on how to play without lag or close to that without breaking my budget (~R1200/month).

By the way, I'm playing Tekken 7 now, not COD, I believe lag in fighting games is much more deadly.

Thanks in advance!
Online is laggy? That could be caused by many things - What rig are you running? Could it be graphics lag perhaps?

You don't mention the package you're on. Premium uncapped i pressume?
If so..... that's part of the problem. Go capped or business.
More to it, give alternative ISP's a bash (Axxesss for me)

Also try bonding - Get 2 10mbps lines and bond.

You live in Claremont - No FTTH that side??

Where are the Tekken servers located? Local or international? If international - get use to the lag.

K21

Online is laggy? That could be caused by many things - What rig are you running? Could it be graphics lag perhaps?

You don't mention the package you're on. Premium uncapped i pressume?
If so..... that's part of the problem. Go capped or business.
More to it, give alternative ISP's a bash (Axxesss for me)

Also try bonding - Get 2 10mbps lines and bond.

You live in Claremont - No FTTH that side??

Where are the Tekken servers located? Local or international? If international - get use to the lag.
Sorry for not replying, I was abroad without internet.

Yes, I have the premium uncapped 10mbps package. There's no fiber on my side of Claremont, I'm west of Cavendish Square. If I try to bond 2 lines, do I have to have data on both or just one?