Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

Muhammad22

Cellc in Durban has been really bad the last month , I am getting around 2 Mbps Down..
before it was around 15Mbps

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Cellc in Durban has been really bad the last month , I am getting around 2 Mbps Down..
before it was around 15Mbps

Dear Muhammad22

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have you reported the matter before?

^NZ

Muhammad22

You are lucky you even see that speeds.... Is your deal with cell c or from Afriscum?
I have the 200GB bundle on Cellc , over the last 2 years I had multiple 100GB/200GB bundles and noticed towards the last 30GB , the speeds get throttled

Skhuupearl

Reading all the comments made me lose hope. I cancelled my ADSL and decided to use the Cell wireless from Afrihost while I wait for Vuma to finish their Fibre installation should happen by December. I regret cancelling ADSL, after reading comments about people struggling to cancel I decided to do it earlier and it was done within 15 days. I got the sim card around the 5th October and I was on my way to Durban. It worked so well there until I got back to my house in Kempton Park. It won't connect inside my house, only connects somewhere around the yard. I have to risk by leaving the device outside and take it back to the house when going to sleep. Even if it connects it's so slow, even loading a web page is a struggle. I took the 200GB, it's almost end of the money I have only used around 40GB and that's because I've been downloading anything I can when I manage to get good download speeds. Worse it looks like the data doesn't carry over. Glad I took the sim only option, otherwise I'd have to pay them R999 cancellation fee.

Dwergie

Reading all the comments made me lose hope. I cancelled my ADSL and decided to use the Cell wireless from Afrihost while I wait for Vuma to finish their Fibre installation should happen by December. I regret cancelling ADSL, after reading comments about people struggling to cancel I decided to do it earlier and it was done within 15 days. I got the sim card around the 5th October and I was on my way to Durban. It worked so well there until I got back to my house in Kempton Park. It won't connect inside my house, only connects somewhere around the yard. I have to risk by leaving the device outside and take it back to the house when going to sleep. Even if it connects it's so slow, even loading a web page is a struggle. I took the 200GB, it's almost end of the money I have only used around 40GB and that's because I've been downloading anything I can when I manage to get good download speeds. Worse it looks like the data doesn't carry over. Glad I took the sim only option, otherwise I'd have to pay them R999 cancellation fee.

I hate to break this to you, but with Afrihost you still have to pay a R999 cancellation fee even on the sim only option.

Skhuupearl

I hate to break this to you, but with Afrihost you still have to pay a R999 cancellation fee even on the sim only option.
That's wrong, it's an abuse to consumers. I spoke to their consultant and mentioned why I took the service as it was for around 2 to 3 months while I wait for fibre which I was planning to take from them. Besides, how do they force me to have the service that I can't use because of their network. Even if I wanted to keep it for 6 months I can't use it. This month alone I will forfeit about 70% of the data which I couldn't use due to their network not being available always. Surely CPA must protect me if I buy something and I'm not able to use and I should return it and if not they should fix it. Need to open a new case and raise the cancellation issue. I can't pay for something I can't use. I took the 200GB because on my uncapped DSL I used around 160GB a month. Now I only used about 40GB or so because of their network.

Chrizingo

Time of issue: May 2018-present, Peak hours, in fact...all hours, but especially peak hours
Device: Multiple
Contract Type (pre- or post-paid): Post-paid
Existing reference numbers from Helpdesk: n/a
www.speedtest.net results (if possible): Capture.JPG
Any other information relevant to the problem: I've been experiencing extremely slow speeds in recent months. The timeline seems to coincide with Cell C giving MTN the boot, and instead making use of Vodacom's infrastructure (Vodacom customers being prioritised??). I've logged multiple cases with Cell C, with the same pathetic customer service experience.
I get generic/stupid responses, with no resolution, for example:
"Are you still getting slow speeds?"
"Our network team can look into it." - But will they?? I guess not.

I'm not sure what to expect from posting here, as Cell C has already proven their incompetence in solving customer issues, as evidenced all over the MyBroadband forums.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know
Thanks
C

Muhammad22

I changed my connection to 3G and I am getting higher speeds , but its very unpredictable and not as stable

Sodan

Expert Member
I can't get a connection at all either. Shows full 3g signal, but can't connect as of today.

This is rather frustrating. Can't wait for fibre so I can get these incompetent non-service agents out of my life. Afritards & HellC, good grief! what a combination!

murray654

Northern Drakensberg here : 3G signal is full - pages fail to load - 20 to 60% packet loss - huge latency. Been like this for over 24 hours (actually yesterday after noon there was 100% packet loss) ... Also last Friday it was offline completely.

Roaming on Vodacom is also down (does not connect at all) Seems like the backhaul (Telkom) is down...

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Northern Drakensberg here : 3G signal is full - pages fail to load - 20 to 60% packet loss - huge latency. Been like this for over 24 hours (actually yesterday after noon there was 100% packet loss) ... Also last Friday it was offline completely.

Roaming on Vodacom is also down (does not connect at all) Seems like the backhaul (Telkom) is down...

Hi murray654

Please try changing your network setting to Automatic Selection and advise.

^MP

murray654

it is on automatic

currently internet is very intermittent. 46% packet loss
I believe Vodacom have dispatched a technician - but have no info on MTN - both networks affected which makes me believe the issue is Telkom back-haul