Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

mcdui

I only use my CellC phone at home to send whatsapps through my computers wi-fi and extremely seldom to send an sms. Yet within days my airtime is depleted. Can someone please explain to me what is happening. Thanks Mcdui

DTBA

Expert Member
Hi grootleeu

Are you still experiencing this issue?

^MP
Mnr cellc rep something going wrong at night on the MTN roaming on LTE and 3g,

500ping 0 download or 0 upload, on both mtn LTE and 3g towers. I have a cellc 3g tower in range and vodacom they are 100% fine but something fishy on MTN network.

It started Monday night and last night and tonight

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Mnr cellc rep something going wrong at night on the MTN roaming on LTE and 3g,

500ping 0 download or 0 upload, on both mtn LTE and 3g towers. I have a cellc 3g tower in range and vodacom they are 100% fine but something fishy on MTN network.

It started Monday night and last night and tonight
Hi DTBA

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Are you only experiencing this issues when roaming on MTN?

^NZ

DTBA

Expert Member
Hi DTBA

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Are you only experiencing this issues when roaming on MTN?

^NZ
It seem so roaming on vodacom is fine and cellc is fine.

I will test again tonight if its still the same ill let you know.

At the moment the LTE is fine

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
It seem so roaming on vodacom is fine and cellc is fine.

I will test again tonight if its still the same ill let you know.

At the moment the LTE is fine
Thank you for getting back to us, please do let us know of your findings.

^NZ

bheinche

Expert Member
So last night I was disconnected, mind you I was using the myMTN APN as this is the most stable one and I can actually browse on this one. When I used the normal Cell C APN the same thing happened, disconnected. Countless reboots later and I still could not connect to the network. Now here comes the good part, as soon as I entered the afrihost APN, lo and behold, it worked. So it seems that afrihost is blocking roaming on their client's accounts it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also enforcing some kind of throttling from 18:00 to 22:30 hence our atrocious speeds we get during those times.

ZoroGilla

My Cell C LTE has been down for over a week. They claim that it works on their end, which is a dumb as F*uck thing to even need to mention. I can only access Cell C's website at this point. Terribly disappointed.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
My Cell C LTE has been down for over a week. They claim that it works on their end, which is a dumb as F*uck thing to even need to mention. I can only access Cell C's website at this point. Terribly disappointed.
Hi ZoroGilla

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Where are you situated experiencing this network issue?

^NZ

Lee31

Hi

I bought a 50GB sim for R500 (Black Friday sale). Initially speeds were good, was getting above 30MBs download speeds, this has deteriorated however. I can't even do a speedtest as the app can't even locate a server. I changed from LTE to 3G which also didn't help.

Can the CellC rep assist? I'm in Durban.

bheinche

Expert Member
Hi

I bought a 50GB sim for R500 (Black Friday sale). Initially speeds were good, was getting above 30MBs download speeds, this has deteriorated however. I can't even do a speedtest as the app can't even locate a server. I changed from LTE to 3G which also didn't help.

Hi Lee, this has actually happened to quite a few of us here, including me. Have a read through these threads here:

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/avoid-cell-c-fixed-lte-product.975003/page-7#post-22529344

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/cell-c-fixed-lte-data-throughput-experience.971831/

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...ss-connection-in-black-heath-capetown.988284/

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I also dont understand all these maps and stuff. Vox and Afrihost maps says I don't have coverage and I cannot purchase the CellC deals. CellC map says I have LTE & LTE-A coverage. Our local Vox shop says that they do sell the CellC packages because they have tested the signal and it averages about 20-25Mbps.

So today I went to our local CellC store and asked them if we have coverage. Got 2 different replies. One said YES we have coverage other one said NO we don't have coverage. Also told me that there is no difference at all between mobile LTE and fixed LTE :X3: Now how will a customer get proper service if the salesmen/ladies doesn't even agree with each other :unsure:

I just decided to give up on this

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi

Hi Lee31

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please advise if you are still experiencing issues with the speeds?
If so, where are you situated?

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I also dont understand all these maps and stuff. Vox and Afrihost maps says I don't have coverage and I cannot purchase the CellC deals. CellC map says I have LTE & LTE-A coverage. Our local Vox shop says that they do sell the CellC packages because they have tested the signal and it averages about 20-25Mbps.

So today I went to our local CellC store and asked them if we have coverage. Got 2 different replies. One said YES we have coverage other one said NO we don't have coverage. Also told me that there is no difference at all between mobile LTE and fixed LTE :X3: Now how will a customer get proper service if the salesmen/ladies doesn't even agree with each other :unsure:

I just decided to give up on this
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding the fixed LTE coverage in your area.

Kindly PM us your physical address so we can look it and advise accordingly.

^NZ