Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

SpliceGold

Yeah, sounds like my connection for past year - looks like a Christmas tree some days and nights. No-one can explain as yet why the supposed 3G "connection" equates so no connection at all - might as well be showing the red light for all the use it is. I've been told my issue is ultimately caused by too many people on my nearest tower, so it can only stay the same or get worse. Been meaning to start asking for an early cancellation of contract based on that, but I've been told the cancellation process is worse than the fault logging process, and I don't think I have enough energy right now to start it...
I think their network is under extreme strain during peak times as there are times when it really works well but all during offpeak times. That is the time that I do not use it. I heard that they are shutting down some LTE towers, maybe that could be why also. I have contacted Axxess numerous times to complain about this and they still refuse to let me cancel and forfeit the blady R900 odd cancellation fee, even though I only got the sim deal.

Durandal2

I think their network is under extreme strain during peak times as there are times when it really works well but all during offpeak times. That is the time that I do not use it. I heard that they are shutting down some LTE towers, maybe that could be why also. I have contacted Axxess numerous times to complain about this and they still refuse to let me cancel and forfeit the blady R900 odd cancellation fee, even though I only got the sim deal.
Last I read they were considering becoming part of MTN - comment from MTN on the proposal was fairly luke-warm - I'm assuming MTN is weighing up the increase in customer base versus the debt that Cell C will bring with it. At least you seem to have a cancellation option that's fairly easy (if expensive) to use. Check out some of the threads here by people who have/are trying to cancel their Cell C contracts through Cell C itself.

6:21 pm and my lte has gone dead again. Was working for an impressive five hours today.

SpliceGold

Last I read they were considering becoming part of MTN - comment from MTN on the proposal was fairly luke-warm - I'm assuming MTN is weighing up the increase in customer base versus the debt that Cell C will bring with it. At least you seem to have a cancellation option that's fairly easy (if expensive) to use. Check out some of the threads here by people who have/are trying to cancel their Cell C contracts through Cell C itself.

6:21 pm and my lte has gone dead again. Was working for an impressive five hours today.
Mine is also off. Went off around the same time too. Using my vodacom data and it's running over 40Mbps.

murray654

Hello, not sure if I should start my own thread.

2 Weeks ago the Cell C signal disappeared.

I am in a deep rural KZN area and roam on MTN. MTN users also say they have no data. So I call up Cell C today to see what can be done.

After getting put through to a technical person, he says to me that the problem is the contract I am on. There are connectivity issues with the contract. Anyway I searched manually and confirmed there is no MTN, Cell C signal, only Vodacom. So I am only able to roam on Vodacom 2G.

But I have been using Cell C for over 2 years. Why is there suddenly an issue with my contract? The technician seems convinced that the "Media play" contract will fix my issue. I ask him if that contract can connect to Vodacom 3G/4G and he says yes. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

He says hes putting me through then hangs up on me.... So anyone heard of a "Media play" data contract with Cell C that roams on Vodacom? This seems absurd.

dotcat

I am in a deep rural KZN area and roam on MTN. MTN users also say they have no data. So I call up Cell C today to see what can be done.

After getting put through to a technical person, he says to me that the problem is the contract I am on. There are connectivity issues with the contract. Anyway I searched manually and confirmed there is no MTN, Cell C signal, only Vodacom. So I am only able to roam on Vodacom 2G.

But I have been using Cell C for over 2 years. Why is there suddenly an issue with my contract? The technician seems convinced that the "Media play" contract will fix my issue. I ask him if that contract can connect to Vodacom 3G/4G and he says yes. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

He says hes putting me through then hangs up on me.... So anyone heard of a "Media play" data contract with Cell C that roams on Vodacom? This seems absurd.
Cell C only has edge roaming on Vodacom from my knowledge. Maybe just tryna get you to sign up to a contract....

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi murray654

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please PM us the number in question, and an address where you're experiencing this issue.

Also provide us with your contact number.

^MP

murray654

Hi murray654

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please PM us the number in question, and an address where you're experiencing this issue.

Also provide us with your contact number.

^MP
To follow up, we have had 3G signal for about 16 hours, so it looks like MTN have fixed their problem.

murray654

To follow up, we have had 3G signal for about 16 hours, so it looks like MTN have fixed their problem.
I had 3G signal for 3 days then it went off again - 24 hours of no signal (on top of the 2 weeks we already were down earlier)

murray654

After a total of maybe 1 week of 3g signal in January, in February it was up for 2 days and now its down again.

HeinrichZA

I have been on a CellC "Fixed mobile" contract for almost two years now, was really happy with the signal and service to now.
From 22 February 17:01, I have just had absolutely zero signal :(
My Vodacom and Rain SIM cards still work perfectly, just the CellC one went completely dead.

Afrihost (through who this 20GB contract runs) has apparently ended their partnership with CellC, and issued me a new (Telkom) SIM to insert into my modem from 1 March. Could this be that CellC has decided to pull the plug early, and give Afrihost the finger?

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

HeinrichZA

Afrihost Down 2.jpg So for 3 days we have had to use alternative means, and I assume this will continue until 1 March?
Not sure if I should be asking for help at CellC or Afrihost?
Afrihost was clear that the new SIM will only be active from 1 March.

HeinrichZA

Turns out my SIM card has died, and getting a replacement 2-5 days.
So Afrihost will be wasting money to courier a new SIM to me for 1 day of usage in a best case scenario :unsure:

cobusv

@Cell_C please advise why my ussd is not working on my iphone 11 when wifi calling is activated, when i turn off my wifi then the ussd codes are working

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi codusv

That's a norm. You need to turn off WiFi calling when you need to use ussd codes.

^SM

blunt

Expert Member
My wife and my own FNB connect sim can't make calls now, just ends. N Subs CPT. USSD works. Anyone else having issues?