Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

Grant

Honorary Master
CellC and Loadshedding

it seems in my area cellc is the only network that is unable to provide data during loadshedding - and this is constant, not a once off or occasional thing.
i have spoken to the call centre who choose to lie and say it happens to all networks, however, i use a dual sim phone - if i switch networks 4g is up and running perfectly, switch back to cellc and i get "no internet connection" error messages.

going a step further, the transmitters seem to battle to get up and running after power has been restored.
since 10pm last night - no signal.
the future of cellc looks bleak - it may be time to migrate

cellc loasdhedding signal.jpg

Keegan

Expert Member
CellC and Loadshedding

it seems in my area cellc is the only network that is unable to provide data during loadshedding - and this is constant, not a once off or occasional thing.
i have spoken to the call centre who choose to lie and say it happens to all networks, however, i use a dual sim phone - if i switch networks 4g is up and running perfectly, switch back to cellc and i get "no internet connection" error messages.

going a step further, the transmitters seem to battle to get up and running after power has been restored.
since 10pm last night - no signal.
the future of cellc looks bleak - it may be time to migrate

View attachment 895684
Having the same issue in Bluff Durban,
I have a work mobile on MTN and it works considerably better than CellC during load shedding.
Even after load shedding is complete it takes about 15/30mins for service to restore.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Mobile network operators rely on a reliable supply of electricity at their base stations to provide customers with coverage. We are working on getting generators in all areas affected by load shedding.

All operators have contingency measures in place in case of a power outage, including back-up generators or batteries that keep their towers operational during load-shedding.

However, due to factors like battery recharge times and a wave of criminal activity at base stations, the operators’ ability to contain these effects has been limited.

^SM

DinkyDi

Hi there

I bought one of those 30-day 80mb bundles, but when I check the balance it no longer tells me the expiry date, just the available data.

If I hadn't hung on to the sms I received after buying the bundle I would have no idea when my data expires. Why is there no longer and expiration date attached when I check my balace?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi DinkyDi

Please check your balance by dialing *147#, then choosing the option for Balance.

^MP

DinkyDi

I just noticed my mistake. I bought the recurring 30-day bundle instead of the once-off 30 day bundle. SMH.

DamduikerZA

Expert Member
Hi my kids cant use mifi router since 18:00 last night till now..

Modem is ZTE MF920V...sugnal bar shows red and tried to put sim in dual sim phone but won't either.

Please help

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi my kids cant use mifi router since 18:00 last night till now..

Modem is ZTE MF920V...sugnal bar shows red and tried to put sim in dual sim phone but won't either.

Please help
Hi DamduikerZA

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly send us a private message with the Cell C/ID number in question so we can look it up and assist or send us an email to sm@cellc.co.za for assistance.

^NZ

Swa

Honorary Master
Same thing happened to me last night. Rebooted and it was fine.