Cell C Nokia USB modem alternative

SeaSiren

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some Internet advice...

When my Fibre goes down, or I go on holiday, I use a Nokia USB modem to connect to the internet with prepaid data from Cell C. It's super unreliable, and I'm looking for suggestions on an alternative.

I don't want a contract because it's not something I'll use every day, or even every month, so I'd rather buy a bunch of data up front in case of emergencies.

Any suggestions?

Sumen

Expert Member
Hi everyone.

When my Fibre goes down, or I go on holiday, I use a Nokia USB modem to connect to the internet with prepaid data from Cell C. It's super unreliable, and I'm looking for suggestions on an alternative.

I don't want a contract because it's not something I'll use every day, or even every month, so I'd rather buy a bunch of data up front in case of emergencies.

Any suggestions?
What about using your phone and creating a Hotspot to share it with others?

H_Justini

Hi everyone.

Any suggestions?

I recommend Telkom. Their data is cheap and because you can roam on MTN it is very unlikely that you will be without a connection. https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/data-bundles/.
Unless your issue is related to the modem itself?

sajunky

Honorary Master
1. B315s on gumtree R400-600.
2. Huawei MiFi router like E5573 R300-500

Nokia modem sounds to me a RAS-type interface (COM port dial-up), it is very unreliable on Windoze 10. Use a different OS or one LTE device of the above.