PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It is a Netgear router, i think you may be right. I should get another router today and will test.
Just try bypass it and dial with a PC directly, will give you an idea. Alternatively try set the MTU to 1480 on the Netgear and if there is an option for clamping make sure it's enabled

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
R500 000.00 for a link between JHB and Cape Town i think its 10Gbps link i can confirm tomorrow my father works with all the Telcos in this but hasnt for a while
Telecoms game, charging gold bars for shuffling data packets down a fibre or wire, since the early days. Even more conniving than the medical industry

My friend just got an e-mail from Vumatel saying that they are discontinuing the 4Mb package. Since they only use their line for basic internet usage they are not too happy about this. I was wondering, is there any good reason for Vuamtel not to offer this other than forcing customers into a more expensive tier?

GotToLuveIT

My friend just got an e-mail from Vumatel saying that they are discontinuing the 4Mb package. Since they only use their line for basic internet usage they are not too happy about this. I was wondering, is there any good reason for Vuamtel not to offer this other than forcing customers into a more expensive tier?
Vumatel getting rind of packages that carried over after they bought provider out - "to standardize options"

Practically probably find just not worth the time or bother offering the option - not enough clients using the package + they need to sell x number of ports on the switch for y R packages; else not worth putting the switch down.

Really nothing you can do about it, also would imagine everybody on 10 Mb package would have ripped them a new one if the "old guys" got the package at the old cost.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Vumatel changing the 4Mbps to the 10Mbps is basically because they are under pressure from Openserves 10Mbps package. There is no room to offer a 4 and 10Mbps service, so are "forcing" the change but at the risk is that they cannibalise their 20Mbps market. It costs them the same, on active Ethernet at least to deliver 4Mbps or 1Gbps to the home.

under_sky

Telecoms game, charging gold bars for shuffling data packets down a fibre or wire, since the early days. Even more conniving than the medical industry
Haha yeah rather pricey although Openserve has a impressive fibre network all over South Africa as much as they seem to be a silly company at times. Will ask my father for the exact fibre but i recall last year November or December that was the price.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yeah that was supposed to happen today?
Good day Paul, Roelf

Trust you are well, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances xxxxxx could not do the upgrade this morning however the upgrade has been scheduled for tomorrow at 09H00.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

This was after the scheduled time today, so will keep you up to date tomorrow.

Fjorko

Good day Paul, Roelf

Trust you are well, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances xxxxxx could not do the upgrade this morning however the upgrade has been scheduled for tomorrow at 09H00.

Kind regards

Great stuff. Thanks Paul.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Good day Paul, Roelf

Kind regards

Octotel?