Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Lately, I've noticed apps like Facbook and normal web browsing is extremely slow in the evening but no buffering on Netflix and speed tests shows full speed.

Does anyone know how I could properly test/prove this?

Praeses

Expert Member
Lately, I've noticed apps like Facbook and normal web browsing is extremely slow in the evening but no buffering on Netflix and speed tests shows full speed.

Does anyone know how I could properly test/prove this?
Single threaded speed tests to international servers?

Fjorko

Expert Member
Good day Paul, Roelf

Trust you are well, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances xxxxxx could not do the upgrade this morning however the upgrade has been scheduled for tomorrow at 09H00.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

This was after the scheduled time today, so will keep you up to date tomorrow.
Hi Paul. Assume this has not happened yet? Latency to London is over 200ms from PE. Usually its about 160

Varies depending on the destination...so i guess i am OK.

Last edited:

TheRoDent

Expert Member
What is the plan, out of curiosity, for clients you cannot get right?
I am asking because I'd like to be able to get some sort of closure on this.
Hi. I did ping you a while ago to ask if we could install a blackbox at your place. Could you PM me your contact details?

TheRoDent

Expert Member
The Cape Town OpenServe connection has been cutover to our shiny new interface this morning. We are awaiting confirmation that the capacity changes have been done too.

Praeses

Expert Member
The Cape Town OpenServe connection has been cutover to our shiny new interface this morning. We are awaiting confirmation that the capacity changes have been done too.
Is CISP off the IS routing part yet which influenced the latency to London? Will only be able to check tonight if my latency has gone back to its normal 167ms.

GotToLuveIT

I didn't "tap out"
I just stopped using the FTTH, its connected, as far as I know, but I don't use it because its rubbish
So respond to CISP then. They offered to install a network probe at your place.
Unless you just want to sit and moan.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Hi. I did ping you a while ago to ask if we could install a blackbox at your place. Could you PM me your contact details?
Can I just bypass the usual first line support process and get one of your blackboxes please?

Just saw the reply on my ticket wibbling on about ‘test via a wired connection’ and ‘international speeds are not guaranteed beyond our borders’ ...

COOL-20190218-221237

zolly

Expert Member
So, all good then ? Or what was the error ?
I am guilty of running wifi in a complex. When I run on the normal 2.4 ghz band my speeds are slower than when I run on 5 ghz, and I sometimes need to switch between the ranges to trouble shoot problems. I never used to have issues but an increasing number of my neighbours have LTE and their own wifi connections, which is obviously impacting me.

Going to have to figure out how to run a cable from our fiber downstairs to my room upstairs...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.