Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I am starting to notice here is that we have all these problems but CISP seem to not see them. I am suspecting that most of these FTTH providers are simply over-capacity or just plain stuffing us around with cheapskate equipment.

EDIT1:
BTW it also seems I am trouble getting MyBroadband to load pages now, like others have mentioned.
EDIT 2:
Son is complaining that Youtube is now giving hassles

Well tonight reports around CPT include FrogFoot/OpenServe/Vumatel/Octotel, I doubt all providers suddenly became overloaded or had their own equipment failures at the exact same time...
 
Well tonight reports around CPT include FrogFoot/OpenServe/Vumatel/Octotel, I doubt all providers suddenly became overloaded or had their own equipment failures at the exact same time...
Yeah fair point... streaming has just died for us and I am already having family members at my throat asking why the hell did I terminate the LTE because that at least worked during this time.
100Mbit Download speed... pffft
 
b6f72a64ba7708dc07aaf2457663fa5e.jpg


:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

IMG_0049.PNGIMG_0050.PNGIMG_0051.PNG
 
So, speed test to that CISP box is as we expect, so that means there's a common point of failure and its not the FTTH provider:
1545247993576.png

Now, as we expect.. international is a joke..
1545248084167.png

So it looks like the issue is, definitely with CISP then. And this explains why it affects multiple FTTH providers
 
Multi thread? Or single thread? Speedtest.net has evolved on iOS. No offers both. Bit of an eye opener...
Im at the vaal so i RDP'd into my desktop and did that via their site. Can only do the multi when im at home, although i never really have these issues as people describe. Did have a look at the ios one and im rather impressed with what they have done.
 
Have made some change which should improve things for now. We are running on Eassy capacity.
Sorry to say its made it worse for me... I am now not able to upload to my cloud storage. Its dead as a doornail.
Download speeds are poor.
 
@PBCool And what about what happened to JHB? Why was I having sporadic packet loss and 30-50 ping there?

Yup and its still ongoing.

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.0.1 -    0 |   68 |   68 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                            155.93.248.1 -    0 |   68 |   68 |    2 |    4 |   34 |    2 |
|                             154.0.1.125 -    0 |   68 |   68 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    0 |
|                              154.0.1.13 -    0 |   68 |   68 |    1 |    1 |    1 |    1 |
|                             154.0.1.245 -    0 |   68 |   68 |   21 |   30 |   61 |   44 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Randomly the ping shoots up to 40-50ms. Actually hit 61ms there on mine.
 
Can you all please be more specific about your fibre provider and area when you post please. As this gives us a better indication. We have no network related issues at the moment.

Cool ideas 100/10 trenched with vumatel in Bellville. International downloading/streaming is crawling. Not having a good first impression here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X