Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your child man, hope he or she gets better soon.

That iperf actually looks a whole lot better, aside from the one random 19% loss result.
Thanks, he's quite strong so I'm sure he'll pull through :)

Will see tonight but holding thumbs :)
 
cda660f84f1d30be3ac8dadb0ed3512d.jpg


I still haven’t received a response why my ping is so high to London. I used to get 160 and now it’s almost 200.

Please respond.
 
cda660f84f1d30be3ac8dadb0ed3512d.jpg


I still haven’t received a response why my ping is so high to London. I used to get 160 and now it’s almost 200.

Please respond.
I had high ping and after i changed the cloned MAC for wan on my router (Asus) my ping went back to normal with a new IP address . As to why i have no idea. Maybe give it a try and see if it works if your router has the option.

Reason for changing the MAC was due to showmax telling me i was using a proxy even when i checked that i was not.
 
I had high ping and after i changed the cloned MAC for wan on my router (Asus) my ping went back to normal with a new IP address . As to why i have no idea. Maybe give it a try and see if it works if your router has the option.

Reason for changing the MAC was due to showmax telling me i was using a proxy even when i checked that i was not.

I have no idea how to do all that gibberish you just said.
 
Fibre to the home seems to be "best effort", same as ADSL - the FNOs just "do their best" to keep you online at all times.

If you want better than that, you'll probably have to sign up for some business line with SLAs in place.

Think it comes down to the FNO. I’ve had zero issues on Frogfoot in Sunningdale, Cape Town, consistently good performance and stability.
 
cda660f84f1d30be3ac8dadb0ed3512d.jpg


I still haven’t received a response why my ping is so high to London. I used to get 160 and now it’s almost 200.

Please respond.
The ping will vary depending on which cable system we are using at that time, this is more Seacom latency. It will go back to the lower latency soon enough.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X