Mind the speed ISP

Bionic

Expert Member
They just sent me an incident report for yesterday. Very impressed with their transparency and detailed report to their customers. Seems a broadcast storm from vuma village. They also planning to move their voice network to Amazon which will allow us to call them during an incident like this. These things happen but it's about how they mange their customers which I'm happy at the moment.

HartsockZA

Seems as though Vuma is up to their usual again. High latency on international and local

Vsdgkk

My connectivity with MTS has been SUPER spotty lately. The support has also not been great so far in my experience. Any recommendations for a replacement as i havnt kept up with ISPs of late?

Thestealth

Expert Member
My connectivity with MTS has been SUPER spotty lately. The support has also not been great so far in my experience. Any recommendations for a replacement as i havnt kept up with ISPs of late?
Agree with this observation. I don't consider their issuing of an incident report as a form of transparency. It was an effort on the part of management to pacify clients who complained about a(nother) outage on Vumatel. MTS support and comms is sloppy in the sense that I need to go look for an incident notification on their website (i.e. online) when I have no internet connectivity. This is one area where the old Sonic Telecoms was impressive. They would send SMS notifications for all outages and would keep sending updates until resolved.

isie

Honorary Master
Would you recommend mind the speed on Vumatel?
100% - on actual MTS down time I only been offline once since I have been with them and it was only a few hours. The other couple of times i was down - Vumatel was a down or some clowns thought it was electricity cables and chopped them.

Honestly on our local fibre whatsapp group almost everyday people complain they are down or have issues - their ISP is claiming its VUMATEL - and here I am on MTS on Vuma no issues.

Reactions: rh1

Thestealth

Expert Member
Would you recommend mind the speed on Vumatel?
When it's up, no one will complain. I can only speak from my own experience. IMO, they're ok. That's it. Other's might rave about them (like I did in the 1st 6 months). That's my opinion.

Reactions: rh1

HowTo

Expert Member
East Rand Springs no issues. Been with them for more than a year.

dj2381

Expert Member
I've been having high latency issues lately, not sure if it is Vuma or ISP related though.