*READ FIRST* MTN Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

Cokefest

I get connection problems all the time esp during specific times at night,this has been going on forever,it say cant connect to packet data or something. Gosh also tunes me that I don't have airtime so I can't sms/phone etc-wait a few hours bam,got airtime.

Sorry but I hate MTN-even a guy I spoke to-one of my fathers friends (engineer or something their) said they have problems.

Basically the more times you try to connect it causes more stress on the server or whatever .

Basically MTN HURRY UP AND GET IT FIXED/only reason I have stayed on mtn is because of my number grrr :mad: :mad: :mad: I pay for a service so I want it!!!

Sparky_za

Expert Member
Anyone in the Fourways area having issues tonight? My connection is so slow I can't even load the Speedtest site to check how slow it is...

pietpetoors

MTN

Does anybody in the Langebaan area have problems with MTN 3G today. Ever since this morning the connection is pathetic. It connects but most of the time there is no data transfer. I called MTN and they said that they would not deny that they are having problems. It has been the whole day now and it is still not fixed.

Sparky_za

Expert Member
Fourways area last night. I could connect, but absolutely no data going through. Started at around 23:45, and I gave up trying at 01:30. Anyone else??

Fourways area last night. I could connect, but absolutely no data going through. Started at around 23:45, and I gave up trying at 01:30. Anyone else??
Fourways is a nightmare - we're in Broadacres and even though the coverage helpdesk tells me there's a 3G tower 900m away from where we are, we still only manage one bar of signal on EDGE. Usually if we do manage to get 3G, it will spend the time flicking up and down to HSDPA and back making the connection useless.
Apparentlt there's a new tower going up at Fourways Life Hospital but it won't be 3G. WTF??? Why not?????????????????????? :mad:

lilggg

Expert Member
I dnt even knw what to say,im so sick of these connection problems,signal is totally all over the place,i have to unplug modem every few hours nd then the signal is stable for a few mins,then it goes from hsdpa - 3g all the time.

Fourways is a nightmare - we're in Broadacres and even though the coverage helpdesk tells me there's a 3G tower 900m away from where we are, we still only manage one bar of signal on EDGE. Usually if we do manage to get 3G, it will spend the time flicking up and down to HSDPA and back making the connection useless.
Apparentlt there's a new tower going up at Fourways Life Hospital but it won't be 3G. WTF??? Why not?????????????????????? :mad:
Bacause they've got your money already, and would rather sponsor soccer than give an advertised service.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
I get connection problems all the time esp during specific times at night,this has been going on forever,it say cant connect to packet data or something. Gosh also tunes me that I don't have airtime so I can't sms/phone etc-wait a few hours bam,got airtime.

Sorry but I hate MTN-even a guy I spoke to-one of my fathers friends (engineer or something their) said they have problems.

Basically the more times you try to connect it causes more stress on the server or whatever .

Basically MTN HURRY UP AND GET IT FIXED/only reason I have stayed on mtn is because of my number grrr :mad: :mad: :mad: I pay for a service so I want it!!!
I hate that airtime issua as well. Why the **** is it there? I mean really now. You can't even let the person that asked you to go to mxit know that mtn is full of **** and decided that you won't have internet tonight.

pietpetoors

Langebaan

Today, like most of the time, Langebaan's MTN 3G is dead. What cheese me off is the fact that my bundle will expire tomorrow but there is like 300Mb remaining. I could not use all of it because the system MTN supplies does not work and is so slow that nobody can use it. It is not that I do not use that amount of data, it is just that the system is unusable for any sane person.

I think the authorities should seriously look into these pricing scams of the cell networks. I mean it make so much sense to the cell networks. You sell a data bundle. You could not care less if the user can use it or not because you already received your money for it and if the client does not use his bandwidth it is even a bigger bonus to the cell network because they just got paid for a service they could not and want not render. This is absolutely corrupt.

See speed test result, might not look like it but it is with 3G

hondude

I have been having simular issues.

I have a B970 router and a u220. Both give exactly the same problem. I have however full signal. The problem is that the signal fluctuates between 3g, hsdpa and hsupa.

Now this is mostly fine if you only use it for web surfing. (sometimes this does not even work)

The problem is when you do online gaming. Example. World of Warcraft which I play.

I have had a technician out there. I have a yaagi antenna and have full signal most of the time.

I logged a complaint about 2 months ago and they just tell me they are working on it. Mean while still have to fork out the R480pm for my 2gb data which I can not utelize.

They claim it is a throughput problem on Ericsons side.

Go figure.

Last edited:

pietpetoors

MTN

And in the mean while they are not in a hurry to fix the problem because you pay for the data and you cannot use it. They score all the way.

I have similar problems with Vodacom 3G but not as bad as MTN. It seems like 3G in South Africa sucks big time, no matter which operator you use.

The biggest problem is that you have to pay for the data, whether you can use it or not and these companies just get away with it.

hondude

I have been having simular issues.

I have a B970 router and a u220. Both give exactly the same problem. I have however full signal. The problem is that the signal fluctuates between 3g, hsdpa and hsupa.

Now this is mostly fine if you only use it for web surfing. (sometimes this does not even work)

The problem is when you do online gaming. Example. World of Warcraft which I play.

I have had a technician out there. I have a yaagi antenna and have full signal most of the time.

I logged a complaint about 2 months ago and they just tell me they are working on it. Mean while still have to fork out the R480pm for my 2gb data which I can not utelize.

They claim it is a throughput problem on Ericsons side.

Go figure.

Go figure. Still no fix.

Need Help with MTN

Hi since yesterday at 10 I got heavy problems with MTN, I got I think its Edge, over my Cellphone. It was working at the room for six weeks without any problem. Not too fast, but MTN got no 3G at Struisbaai. Its prepaid.

Since yesterday I can log in, but its running nothing.

Since yesterday I called MTN several times,
at 1555
at 173
at 808
at Cape Town 421 72 90 no more valid
401 72 00 no more valid
401 74 38 no more valid

at th 173 they told me that their system would be down :mad:
at the 1555 they asked me for my Email Adress because they wanted me to send an email to test my system :sick:
at the 1555 they wanted t know, what type of mobile phone I use :eek:
at the 1555 they told me later also, that their system would be down :mad:

This morning I called again, than the Internet was running as fast as never before, faster than Vodacoms 3 G, for 5 minutes.
After that, it was the same before.

Can you tell me a telephone number, where I can complain?

I got 500 MB expiring tomorrow.

I want the two days back....

Thanks and Greetings Freddie