• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

*READ FIRST* MTN Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

disiza

At the moment I have almost no upload speed, there is no change in die 3g signal, the same as always, but there is almost no upload making gaming impossible as the ping is through the roof, in the Meredale area
Welcome to the club

Sirius

Are there issues in Brackenfell area of Cape Town? No throughput. Just connecting and zero data. Works in Parow and Tygervalley perfectly. Four days in a row now.

Faux_Grey

Has anyone tried a traceroute to 8.8.8.8?

Takes nearly 20 hops just to get out to the public internet, it's a joke.
Driving with Waze results in a permanent "No network connection."

I would love to know what is happening on the inside of MTN's network.

Bond

James Bond
There's something wrong with MTN and Google Services!

Both on mobile and PC. Can't YouTube, can't Maps, can't Google! Nada...

I've experienced it multiple times now, incl now.

Irritating :mad:

andeshan

There's something wrong with MTN and Google Services!

Both on mobile and PC. Can't YouTube, can't Maps, can't Google! Nada...

I've experienced it multiple times now, incl now.

Irritating :mad:
afrihost and with vodacom too, I can't access Google or the PlayStore

Faux_Grey

MTN being proudly up f***ed today I see. No data throughput at all over 3g/2g.
I wish someone there would pick up a phone, answer an email or respond on a twitter.

...is there any legal action that can be taken against MTN for not providing a service as signed for in a contract?

Do you by any chance know how to unsubscribe from MTN after being out of contract ? calling 808 or messaging customer care does not bring the desired result.

Last edited:

Krosis

I've recently ported my number back to MTN after some few years and my experience so far has been horrendous. Firstly, one of the reasons I ported back was for the Night Express bundles, which I thought would come in handy when I deplete my monthly mobile broadband cap (not from MTN) and need to download some large files, but there are times when you can't even buy these bundles or even access your balance. Mostly this occurs just before 12 am and persists until around 3 am or so.
Then there's the bit where you manage to buy the data early enough, but are disconnected with the message that you have no data remaining. Checking your balance will in fact reveal that you've got more than half the data you purchased reflecting. & I've recently learned that if you have any airtime balance remaining, MTN will use up this airtime instead of the purchased data.
Something I've also learned quite recently is that this is not just limited to the Night Express data, I lost quite a bit of airtime while reading some articles on MyBB after I had purchased and used about half of a weekly data bundle. What's the deal with that? Did I make a mistake porting back?
Screenshot_2015-08-18-05-57-35.png

Screenshot_2015-08-18-05-57-53.png

Screenshot_2015-09-19-02-28-36.png

Screenshot_2015-09-19-02-29-10.png

Screenshot_2015-10-29-02-22-39.png

Last edited:

rynovz

I can't believe no one complained about the No internet access from very early this morning till well after 7 am. I live in Centurion and had no coverage from my modem and my phone. My wife also had no access. When she got to work in Faerie Glen she still did not have access. I got to Rosebank and I had access and on my way to work I checked again and it showed that I had no internet access again. I am now at work (Illovo) and I have access again. What is going on MTN? When it comes to data coverage MTN is slow compared to even CellC. Come beginning next year I am done with mobile internet, especially MTN. Either Fiber to home or ADSL.