*READ FIRST* MTN Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

Riaan351

hi, can anyone help me with info please. im using my phone's simcard in my modem and then load data. i heard people talking about a data card. is there a diference between a data card and a sim card? please reply to my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Android update

Hi. I had problems with my android phone after updating its software. I did a sim swop and got 3g back on my phone. Seems that the android update corrupted my sim

Stevewarren

3g has been completly useless in sedgefield since sunday. Gets connection then loses it a couple seconds later. I usually get good signal. Something must be wrong with the tower.

maumau

Honorary Master
MTN been down in fairland since 8:30 this evening?????

Full signal but no throughput on any devices.

shamalh108

I live in Bakerton, Springs, Gauteng. MTN has never ever had reliable 3g in this area, yet they show on their coverage map that they do have full 3G coverage on the 2100mhz band. I own multiple devices, HTC One, Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, bb 9790 none of them have 3g signal that's even close to usable. Recently a friend of mine signed a new contract with MTN under premise that they have 3g signal. Obviously the coverage claims are bogus. So my question is, firstly, are there regulations over areas MTN can claim to have coverage over? And if not, what channels can I use to get MTN to fix either the signal or the map.?? Thanks guys

Voldemort

Death eater
27mbs d/l and 19mb/s u/l, definitely a downgrade from what I was getting, im glad people are picking up on LTE, it will improve the 3G experience for other clients.

This is what I get on HSDPA, got my sim through Afrihost.
Should complain by Afrihost or MTN?

2589369853.png

Last edited:

buffE

I use an MTN SIM card in my 3G modem, today I randomly disconnected from the net. When trying to reconnect it failed; "can't connect to the network" (thanks windows for the excellent detail in the error report)

My cellphone with a different SIM also on MTN is working just fine. When attempting to send a USSD from MDMA, I get an error message. I have signal, it can detect the network, but I can't connect. any advice?

Bobbin

Executive Member
Anyone experiencing issues in the Fourways/LoneHill/Beverley area on LTE?

I'm using Afrihost mobile, MTN network. Getting less than 1mbps on 4G at the moment :( It is usually way way faster...

gifs

Expert Member
No data access in Centurion from about 11:00 (No GPRS/EDGE/3G/HSDPA/LTE).

Anyone else also have this problem?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I am on Telkom mobile. My 2G MTN roaming data is working fine, but no voice. Anyone else having same issue? I am in Parkhurst Johannesburg area.

Japster

At the moment I have almost no upload speed, there is no change in die 3g signal, the same as always, but there is almost no upload making gaming impossible as the ping is through the roof, in the Meredale area