Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just try it... although I've been very happy with the CarbonROM stability.. but Slim has so much bling. :)
 
So I dont know if I missed any galaxy s4 talk? But I'm thinking I'm gonna get the HTC One in a month and a bit when I'm up for upgrade. Have you guys seen this phone, what do you think?
 
So I dont know if I missed any galaxy s4 talk? But I'm thinking I'm gonna get the HTC One in a month and a bit when I'm up for upgrade. Have you guys seen this phone, what do you think?

If I must choose between the HTC One and the Galaxy S4, it would be the S4.

HTC is notorious for poor battery life of their phones - and then they make the battery non-removable? :mad:

And would like to use my 32GB SD card as well, so the One is not the one I'm looking for. :p

But still so happy with my S2, don't want another phone now. Maybe later in the year.
 
a quick question if someone wouldnt mind helping

Im currently running this kernel , more specifically this one : CF-Root-SGS2_DX_XTC_LP7-v5.4-CWM5.zip

Coupled to that, I have Omega v20.1. All in all I am very happy.

Would anyone advise a change on the kernel? On that page everything seems pretty old and there is not a reference to JB, only ICS and GB.

Is there an advantage to "updating" to a different kernel?

I have a friend who is gonna update his SO's phone S2 which is currently 100% stock including all OTA updates. I would like to advise him correctly. I was thinking of advising him to go with this
 
Last edited:
I dont really see the point in those stock Kernels, like Philz. But I suppose if you want something that there hasnt been tuning done to governors and whotnot, by all means try Phills. Otherwise, try siyah 6 beta 5, should be safe-ish for a modified kernel. Dorimanx will work on Omega, but do backups first :P

-----------------------------------------------
On a side note, for those on CM9,10, 10.1 here is TouchWiz working again ^_^
-----------------------------------------------
 
Anyone notice lag when pressing the Home button on 4.1.2? I've had this with Omega as well as NeatROM now, is Touchwiz to blame? It's not that bad though...just wondering.
 
I dont really see the point in those stock Kernels, like Philz. But I suppose if you want something that there hasnt been tuning done to governors and whotnot, by all means try Phills. Otherwise, try siyah 6 beta 5, should be safe-ish for a modified kernel. Dorimanx will work on Omega, but do backups first :P

-----------------------------------------------
On a side note, for those on CM9,10, 10.1 here is TouchWiz working again ^_^
-----------------------------------------------

followed this last night, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31310884&postcount=3 and while it updated just fine I still have the yellow triangle when I reboot. That confused me a bit considering it says

They come in the form of -signed.zip files that can be flashed in stock recovery 3e: No Yellow Triangle
 
My new setup :)

Screenshot_2013-03-18-10-37-29.png
 
Nice man, SlimRom right? How long did it take to set it up like you want? I really want to give it a try

Very simple. Running slim bean, just downloaded Sony UXP theme (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...afca.theme.sonyuxp.free&feature=search_result).

Everything else except the background is just the stock stuff that comes with Slim. I find the stock launcher with Slim is a lot quicker and more responsive than Holo Launcher HD even if it doesn't have very many (none actually) options.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X