Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the last official firmware to grace our screens will be 4.2.2. Not a bad version to lay it to rest with. :)
 
Very simple. Running slim bean, just downloaded Sony UXP theme (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...afca.theme.sonyuxp.free&feature=search_result).

Everything else except the background is just the stock stuff that comes with Slim. I find the stock launcher with Slim is a lot quicker and more responsive than Holo Launcher HD even if it doesn't have very many (none actually) options.

Can't see what you did, Dropbox is blocked at work :(

It's a shame that that theme does not come with the Walkman music player. Still my favourite...
 
Hi guys. Can I use this ROM and guide (http://www.ibtimes.com/how-install-a...i9100-tutorial) to update my Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean? Would I need to root the phone, would such an update void the warranty? I'm not into custom ROM's and stuff but would like to get the Jelly Bean experience if it's not that big a schlep. Also I'm assuming that SA will not be getting a Jelly Bean update for GS2, is that correct?
 
So the last official firmware to grace our screens will be 4.2.2. Not a bad version to lay it to rest with. :)

I think the S2 will be able to handle Android 5 as well, but Samsung will not do it.

However, that's why XDA is such an awesome place. :)
 
Dorimanx 9.6 also freezes... (on latest Slim)

Not here. Been using since release.

As dori mentioned apparently there is an older release of the CPU and does not play nicely with his kernel and has suggested using stock if you encounter issues.


Slim 4.2.2 build 2.1
 
Last edited:
Not here. Been using since release.

As dori mentioned apparently there is an older release of the CPU and does not play nicely with his kernel and has suggested using stock if you encounter issues.


Slim 4.2.2 build 2.1

Didn't know that. Might explain why I haven't had much luck with Dorimanx on Slimbean as well.
I was one of the first to get an S2 in SA, so probably have one of the earlier CPU revisions.
 
Well my point of view says: Look at all those changelogs!!! I'm a compulsive updater, in everything. So when there have been a gazillion lines saying stuff like "improved this, updated that, tweaked here and added there", my mind says MAKE MY WORLD BETTER!!!

In a nutshell... That and BLN, hehehe.
 
is anyone using one of these MHL to AV adapter things to watch video on their TV?

Im reading conflicting info about the HDMI supplies 500mA while its plugged in vs you have to have it plugged into power while you using it (as represented and stated in my link)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X