Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up my upgrade Galaxy S2 from MTN. I am really excited. Cant wait to get home and start playing around with it.
 
I phoned VC earlier, and the recorded message now says my handset in on back-order, and will be delivered on the 18/7 :mad:

@ Droplet, glad to hear that the op went well, but jealous that you will have your phone soon as well.
 
Vangate Mall (Cape Town) has 2 phones, just phoned a few minutes ago, they can order more and you will have it in 3 days time.
 
sorry for the late reply guys.....Got it from gateway mtn as a contract upgrade
 
I'll hopefully be getting mine in the next few days as well. Ordered from Vodacom. They have stock in their warehouse. I ordered it on Monday evening.
 
sorry for the late reply guys.....Got it from gateway mtn as a contract upgrade
Cost? What contract?

I just spoke to our corporate account mgr and this is nowhere to be found on the MTN system yet? (Are you sure it was the S2? ;-))
 
Well it will probably be different since the Galaxy SII is a new phone. I currently have a HTC phone that runs Amon-RA recovery, but it might not be compatible with the SII. We'll have to check out XDA to see what will work with it.
I doubt they wil do that. I'm sure you can get the original recovery and back that up somewhere, so that you can just re-install that later if need be. You can get that from the RUU ROM that the service providers will have.

I will do some more research before I root. I want to have a perfect backup before I do something that will void the warranty. I'm assuming the RUU ROM will be floating around on the internet somewhere.
 
I will do some more research before I root. I want to have a perfect backup before I do something that will void the warranty. I'm assuming the RUU ROM will be floating around on the internet somewhere.

Yeah. They should be around at some point, if not already. They are usually available for HTC phones though, so I'm not sure how Samsung works.
 
I got it sgs2 ordered at gatway on monday . guy phoned me from vodashop gateway ,,picked it up today :D
guy from vodashop phoned me from pavillion says he has limited stock ..bit late i got mine so any one wants in durbs pavillion vodashop has right now
<<< newbee
 
business contract R285 a month pay in R2229

Seems like Vodacom has decided that they want to be the new Telkom : R2229 + (R285 X 24) = R9069! :eek:

And Virgin Mobile has valued the SGS2 for R6099....something is very wrong here.
 
OK, so it seems that one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at Vodacom. The recorded message said my handset would be delivered on the 18th - confirmed by the consultant. A little while ago though, I received a call from TNT to say they have my phone and will be delivering tomorrow :D
I just asked them to deliver to an alternate address, as our area is a tyre-burning, toi-toi'ing, war-zone at the moment (would hate for the TNT driver to be hijacked with my precious on-board) :D
 
Business doesn't have any minutes bundled with it right? Calls are cheaper per minute though.
Still a crazy pay-in on that contract.

Seems like Vodacom has decided that they want to be the new Telkom : R2229 + (R285 X 24) = R9069! :eek:

And Virgin Mobile has valued the SGS2 for R6099....something is very wrong here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X