Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well every one is busy playing with their Samsung galaxy S2, i feel left out . i really need that phone badly.
 
Loving my S2, it is my first android unit, so Im having quite a time deciding which apps to install and navigate around the thing! How do I customize my home screen? Some of the pre-installed things i want to get off my home page.... (ie: readers hub, social hub, maps etc) I rather want my own most frequently used apps on my home screen.
 
Loving my S2, it is my first android unit, so Im having quite a time deciding which apps to install and navigate around the thing! How do I customize my home screen? Some of the pre-installed things i want to get off my home page.... (ie: readers hub, social hub, maps etc) I rather want my own most frequently used apps on my home screen.

I feel the same way as it is my first too. I just love how everything integrates with everything. To remove stuff of the home screen, just tap and hold the icon. A menu will appear at the bottom which says remove. Drag the icon onto the remove icon and it will disappear. :)
 
What is the best GPS/Navigation application for South African market? I want to test it on the way home from the office today.
 
I so need to get my S2 but is so frustrating with MTN!

Can anyone who has got one already from MTN in Cape Town advise which branch they used? I've seen a few options on here but would be nice to see where else!
 
Samsung Galaxy S2 sold out at vodaworld :wtf:
Damn - I got my SMS yesterday for my upgrade, figured the S2 would be mine today! So I've phoned them and apparently they're going to try and get hold of one for me today still as they don't currently have any in stock (this was at a local vodadcom shop). So anyway...I had my hopes up until I found this thread :cry:
 
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and SUPER keen on this phone.
I was just wondering about pricing. Searching online the cheapest I can seem to get in RSA is around R7 000.
In the US, it is about $690 (roughly R4 900).
I teavelled through OR Tambo international airport on Sunday evening and found it there in duty free for R5 399 :)

Would yo uthink that is a good price? More worthwhile buying it there than online?
I am going out the country again rather soon, so may just hold on until then.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Cuan
 
What is the best GPS/Navigation application for South African market? I want to test it on the way home from the office today.

You could always try the pre-installed Route66 (Drive and walk) and let us know how it works. :)
 
There is one problem I have with this phone!
It eats bandwith like a spider after they mated!
 
There is one problem I have with this phone!
It eats bandwith like a spider after they mated!

What are you using the phone for? My usage is fairly moderate. I bought 1.2gb data bundle so that I can use 600mb per month. I'm waiting to see how that goes. LOL. Install Phone Usage. It lets you know which applications are using data and how much they are using. It's pretty cool.
 
Can anyone who has got one already from MTN in Cape Town advise which branch they used? I've seen a few options on here but would be nice to see where else!

Got mine from MTN Canal Walk (the store near House and Home). R339 on Anytime 200 or R439 on Anytime 350. Both include 75MBx24 data.

Was also quoted by the other Canal Walk store (by Edgars) - same price for the 200 (but only 10MB), and R479 for Anytime 350 + 75MB.

Both have stock.
 
Got mine from MTN Canal Walk (the store near House and Home). R339 on Anytime 200 or R439 on Anytime 350. Both include 75MBx24 data.

Was also quoted by the other Canal Walk store (by Edgars) - same price for the 200 (but only 10MB), and R479 for Anytime 350 + 75MB.

Both have stock.

Just out of curiousity, was there a pay-in?
 
Swift, how did you come on with the Route66 Sync software?
I get it to recognise the SGS2, but then it says that there is no nav software on the device?
The program is very slow and basic for routing functions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X