Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the ROM form XDA and flash it to your phone. In the Omega thread they cover how to root and flash the ROM, very straight forward.
 
Can anyone tell me if dorimanx 7.46 is worth it over the stock LS8 samsung kernel? Except for Backlight notification... =P
 
I'm happy. Straight forward but it works for me... :)
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1359924266931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359924266931.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 207
So gsmarena posted a review of the Galaxy SII "Minus" :p :

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_ii_plus_review-review-878.php

I'll just leave this line from the conclusion here:

With both devices still on the market and currently priced the same, however, you'd be crazy not to go with the original Galaxy S II. The formula that worked for Samsung two years ago still works today, and Jelly Bean has brought some extra value to the experience. You get the better-performing Exynos chipset and double the flash memory for the same price (there's a 32GB model available as well).
 
It's still mind boggling why Samsung decided to release the S2 again as a new phone, albeit with crappier specs.

Well, gsmarena summed it up well for me:

One theory on what exactly Samsung was thinking when it released this device is the phasing out of the old flagship with a newer (and cheaper to manufacture) model. Scaling the onboard storage to 8 GB aligns to this, as flash storage is one of the most expensive components found in a smartphone. Also, by outsourcing to Broadcom for the chip manufacture process, Samsung would be able to free up its own factories for making more Galaxy S III and Note II SoC's.

The S2 was a classic, so they have to live off of it's name for as long as they can.
 
Loaded up the new Omega... But my battery life is crappy :(

Does this look right? :confused:
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1359985335208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359985335208.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 165
Well, by way of comparison, this is on NeatROM 4.2.

Screenshot_2013-02-04-15-55-45.png

56% remaining. Wi-fi on all the time, installed Carbon for Twitter and have been checking it on occasion.

I have frozen Google Talk, and disabled Media Scanner. BBS was invaluable for sorting that out.
 
Last edited:
hmmm, seems my phone is constantly "awake"

might be that google now I enabled last night? Just need to figure out how to turn that off now!

BBS? :)

what also annoys me is that the *#301279# thing doesnt wanna work on this ROM. I dont need the fastest HSDPA, I always keep it down one level which made a HUGE difference on the battery. Now Im stuck with either full 21mb HSDPA or GSM... sucks ass :(
 
Last edited:
<snip>

what also annoys me is that the *#301279# thing doesnt wanna work on this ROM. I dont need the fastest HSDPA, I always keep it down one level which made a HUGE difference on the battery. Now Im stuck with either full 21mb HSDPA or GSM... sucks ass :(

Im glad my advice I gave you back then about the HSDPA/HSUPA helped out in making your S2 experience more enjoyable. :)
I might be mistaken but I think there might be an app that can do this for you on ICS/JB.
 
Im glad my advice I gave you back then about the HSDPA/HSUPA helped out in making your S2 experience more enjoyable. :)
I might be mistaken but I think there might be an app that can do this for you on ICS/JB.

PLEASE can you let me know what its called? Im dying here without being able to use *#301279# :cry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X